Sign in to follow this  
Louis8

Undocking overhead panel

In the old version of our 737 PMDG we were able to undock the over head or any panel for that matter and slide to a second monitor. In my case I have a monitor right straight above my main one and I would I would slide it right up there. This version we can't or at least I can't . As an example when I land and taxing to the gate with this version when I bring up the over head I can't see nothing cause I like  start the APU -shut a few lights off , that sort of thing, and when I go back to my main panel now I'm off the taxy way cause you can't see with  this set up . Why can't we do it the way we used to ?

You can't undock a virtual cockpit, but you can undock the 2D view of the overhead and move it to your monitor.  Press A, go through the views, when you reach the 2D view of the main panel, press shift 6, Undock the overhead, move it to your monitor press A and go back to your VC. :)

Chemanuel

Ok thanks , darn I forgot all about the 2D panel thing.

Press A, go through the views, when you reach the 2D view of the main panel, press shift 6, Undock the overhead, move it to your monitor press A and go back to your VC. :)

It's even easier than that. You can press shift-6 directly from the VC view and the 2D overhead panel will pop up right in front of you. Resize, drag to secondary monitor, and Bob's your uncle. :smile:

Hello, just as a matter of help, shift+4 will bring up the radio panel for convenience.  Richard Welsh.

Along these lines, I've just reinstalled my NGX package 8900 and 6700 with SPs.  I've been setting up my popups and most has gone well. Problem is when I press Shift+6 to bring up the overhead, it doesn't happen and framerates drop from 15-20s to 6-7s.  When that happens it seems I'm hung up.  Suggestions please?  Thanks.

Hi,

Not intending to hijack this thread, but do any of you know other keyboard shortcuts.  I would prefer to use keyboard shortcuts for the following.

Afte Overhead

Fwd Overhead

Radio Pedestal

Fire Warning

MIP

Throttle

Thanks

Rob

Hi,

Not intending to hijack this thread, but do any of you know other keyboard shortcuts.  I would prefer to use keyboard shortcuts for the following.

Afte Overhead

Fwd Overhead

Radio Pedestal

Fire Warning

MIP

Throttle

Thanks

Rob

See my reply in the other thread where you asked this.

Steve Caffey

Along these lines, I've just reinstalled my NGX package 8900 and 6700 with SPs.  I've been setting up my popups and most has gone well. Problem is when I press Shift+6 to bring up the overhead, it doesn't happen and framerates drop from 15-20s to 6-7s.  When that happens it seems I'm hung up.  Suggestions please?  Thanks.

Mike,

I don't know whether you're running FSX through an external frame rate limiter or not.  But if you do, I found exactly the same thing happening to my PC's framerate when under those circumstances I opened a second window to try & drag the overhead panel to a second monitor.  As soon as I closed that second window again, framerate recovered without fail.  This was the case not just with the NGX but with another (non-PMDG) add-on airliner as well so I had to conclude that it was a side-effect of the FPS limiter (but I stand to be corrected).  Hope this info is of some use to you.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg