Sign in to follow this  
madfred

Linda & PMDG 737NGX loading wrong Module

With Linda loaded and the PMDG 737NGX at the ramp. none of the switches assigned work. All works fine with default FSX aircraft.

Looking at the Linda Console, it gives no errors, but I did notice that Linda was loading the Project Magenta Module instead of the PMDG 737 NGX one.

There is no double assignement (checked, checked and double checked).
If I assign function in the default FSX aircraft Module, it shows up in the Linda Console when the swich is flipped. But when I remove the assignment in the Default aircraft Module, and assign it in the PMDG Module, nothing happens.

I have installed:
Linda 1.11
PMDG 737NGX SP1c
PMDG lua Module version 1.9
FSUIPC v4.91 (purchased)
FS2Crew Pilots version for PMDG 737NGX (if that is of importance)
Overhead panel switches connected through a Desktop Aviator pcb.

I hope someone can shine a light on this.

Thanks in advance for any positive feedback

Manfred

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

Simply delete or move out the folders that reference Project Magenta and all should work OK then.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks for your response, Andy. That did the trick.
Lucky I am not using Project Magenta.

Being a techie, I am stil wondering what made Linda load the wrong module. Maybe something for the designers to clarify?

Likely its picking up a string in the name that is the same for both modules, 737 probably. As far as I remember the Magenta module came much later compared to the others and probably hasn't been tested by Artem because he doesn't have PM avionics.

Cheers, Andy.

Ah, okay... That makes sense.

Luckily I am not using Project Magenta gauges. I was thinking of removing any module from Linda that I am not using, to prevent these kind of issues.

My future project will be trying to get the switches for the Flight1 Citation Mustang to work. Can't get them to work with FSUIPC mouse macro's.

Again, thanks for your feedback

Thanks Andy for your help!!!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------