Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

Cologne-Bonn Int. to Brisbane Int. Non-Stop possible?

Hello!

I´m so happy that i can fly the awesome PMDG 777-200LR soon. My dream is to flying from Cologne-Bonn (EDDK) to Brisbane international Airport in australia NON-STOP (about 16167 KM) ! Is it possible to fly this route with about 301 passengers and headwind? 

Theoretical, i could fly a range of about 17400 KM with full Pax and cargo, right?

Hello!

I´m so happy that i can fly the awesome PMDG 777-200LR soon. My dream is to flying from Cologne-Bonn (EDDK) to Brisbane international Airport in australia NON-STOP (about 16167 KM) ! Is it possible to fly this route with about 301 passengers and headwind? 

Theoretical, i could fly a range of about 17400 KM with full Pax and cargo, right?

Just ran it through, and with 301PAX, 4500KG worth of cargo (Cargo + Baggage), and no planned alternate you could make it (RAMP FUEL of 134300KG's, with a total flight time of 18 hours 1 minute [1801]).

Initial altitude of F230...definately heavy.

Route I ran had a tailwind component of 11kts today and was a 2% increase from great-circle direct.

I think you could make it B) :P

If you think you can't make it - there will be a (re-)fuelling option available even in flight, Maurice!   biggrin.png

PMDG contracted some KC135's eh....sneaky company they are :He He: :He He:

no planned alternate

Too bad Brisbane only has one suitable runway so EU-OPS wouldn't let you do that... time to use CASA's CAAP 234-1 rules and hope the weather doesn't go south like it did for Qantas the other month  :Whistle:

The (M)CDU refuelling option will be cheaper.   tongue.png

And I highly recommend either Cairns or Canberra as alternates!!!   wub.png

Gold Coast is around the corner...actually Gold Coast itself is a good reason to divert there...Clubs, girls and booze :Party:

Gold Coast is around the corner...actually Gold Coast itself is a good reason to divert there...Clubs, girls and booze :Party:

Interesting: When I named those alternates I was thinking about "sightseeing" rather than operations myself!   lolsign_s.gif

(Sorry about that, Jane ...)

For those who are interested. Turkish Airlines is going to be the first airline that will offer nonstop flights from europe to australia. They want to order 777-200LR for flights between Istanbul and australia.

Can you tell me guys how long will it be possible for these filghts and the max pax/fuel load for those 2 please ? EGLL-TKPK and TFFR-LFPO ?

According to a Boeing-advertisement the "777-200LR, as the world's longest-range commercial jetliner, is capable of connecting virtually any two city pairs around the globe." Now we just have to discuss what "virtually" means.....

http://www.boeing.com/boeing/commercial/777family/pf/pf_background.page

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Can you tell me guys how long will it be possible for these filghts and the max pax/fuel load for those 2 please ? EGLL-TKPK and TFFR-LFPO ?

Both flights planned at max payload (ZFW: 209t) using todays GRIB data (weather) and no alternates (which is probably against the fuel rules of the registration of a/c). Also using ETOPS330;

EGLL-TKPK | TTL EET: 7hr47min | FUEL: 65.2t

TFFR-LFPO | TTL EET: 7hr53min | FUEL : 63.2t

Now we just have to discuss what "virtually" means.....

It means max fuel, no reserves, no payload, and tail winds all the way.

Best regards,

Robin.

It means max fuel, no reserves, no payload, and tail winds all the way.

Best regards,

Robin.

And i guess two airports that can handle a 777, which narrows the potential airports down quite a bit.....

I would call that a nice advertisement trick -. not really realistic unless you want to ferry around your (empty) new baby to show off.... :lol:

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Both flights planned at max payload (ZFW: 209t) using todays GRIB data (weather) and no alternates (which is probably against the fuel rules of the registration of a/c). Also using ETOPS330;

EGLL-TKPK | TTL EET: 7hr47min | FUEL: 65.2t

TFFR-LFPO | TTL EET: 7hr53min | FUEL : 63.2t

Nice to hear that ! There is for both a alternate destination EGLL-TKPK altn is TAPA and TFFR-LFPO altn is LFPG ! But thanks anyways !