Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

differences in the 777 from the NG

What the hell, I've been flying for 11 years and never heard about any "incidents" relating to pulling out a trolley 5 min after T/O. Maybe one, a colleague of mine broke a fingernail once, does that count? Unless you fly yourself, im sorry to say but you dont have to tell me how to do my job.

*roll*

I am actually in the same job as you are, Sean. Just with a different employer.

We do fly on the same aircraft, and for a rather large part, out of the same airports too.

Everything that could be improved on the 737, infact all prior Boeings, was incorporated in the 777 design.  The 737 is an old design thats been modded over the years to stay competitive.

-Its faster you can cruise at mach 85. I like fast airplanes.
-Its quieter, you'll go deaf in a 737.
-It stops better.
-Its easier to make smooth landings.
-It just flys better(Hand flying), its a sweet flying jet.
-The aircraft systems are designed better.
-Auto start(You can start both engines at the same time)
-It rides better in choppy air.
-ECL(electronic check list), far superior to paper.
-The cockpit is laid out much better and not near as cramped, you can have someone on the jumpseat and not feel like there breathing down your neck.
-The jumpseats nice, unlike the 737 which s/*+-.
-The cockpit seats are more comfortable.
-The copilot has a tiller.
-CPDLC(controller pilot data link communications) sort of like texting ATc.
-The cockpit windows are bigger.
-The cabins bigger, Pax like it a lot better.
-It has longer range.
- Carries more cargo.
-The AC and pressurization work better.
-It looks better than the 737.

-It can land at 300RVR.

-737 pilots are jealous and dream of the day they can fly the 777 to far off exotic destiations
on 24 hour layovers in nice hotels, instead of multi leg days dodging thunderstorms with 9 a hour layover at a dumpy hotel in Detroit.

I could go on and on but the number one thing the 777 has over the 737 are BUNKS for the crew.

Regards,

Burner

The T7 is flying with one 737 fuselage attached to each wing....!

Its quieter, you'll go deaf in a 737.

Off the T7 subject... I was working around the 787 last week and that jet is super quiet.... I was actually in shock as to how quiet that aircraft is. She is a beautiful aircraft inside and out, minus the lithium battery issues....!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Jason

I not aware of anything on the market right now that would give you an assumed or flex temperature like TOPCAT does for the MD-11. It would just be a guessing game unless the FCOMs have some charts that could be used for this purpose. 

Michael Cubine

I don't think the FCOM contains this kind of information. The FPPM (Flight Planning and Performance Manual) should... But I very highly doubt it will come with the 777.

If I remember correctly, there are, but it's not like they're tables for specific runways/airports.  Generic, but they'll get the job done if you know how to use them.

I just put this guide together here.

You may be interested, explains how to calculate performance data using the manuals.

The T7 is flying with one 737 fuselage attached to each wing....!

Off the T7 subject... I was working around the 787 last week and that jet is super quiet.... I was actually in shock as to how quiet that aircraft is. She is a beautiful aircraft inside and out, minus the lithium battery issues....!

It is amazing how quiet it is.  They paint them right next to my buddies aircraft hangar at FTW, so I get to see them quite frequently.

I am actually in the same job as you are, Sean. Just with a different employer.

We do fly on the same aircraft, and for a rather large part, out of the same airports too.

I know that. My answer was in fact meant for the poster above my post, who seems to think that CCM knocking trollies into his knee, is a result of the pitch of the aircraft. Not at all meant for you, Thomas

Sean: I see, never mind then, we're on the same team. There's a whole bunch of other reasons for running into someone's knee :wink:

James: thanks man, awesome read!

I know that. My answer was in fact meant for the poster above my post, who seems to think that CCM knocking trollies into his knee, is a result of the pitch of the aircraft.

FWIW I am not saying that CCM knocking carts into someones knee is a result of pitch. I am saying I have seen and felt what a mishandled/runaway cart can do, even on ground (and I was not hit in knee by a CCM pushing cart while serving, if you thought so), and I don't want them out and about in the part of the flight when high degree of manuevering, including, but not limited to, pitch changes and high pitch in itself.

If you are routinely starting service right after flaps up (which means some, what, 40-60 seconds after wheels up?) and worst you have had anything worse than a broken fingernail... then I salute your skill. But I still don't want to be about when you push out the carts.

I have no problem with carts out at a reasonable point in climb - that would often be sometime past FL100 acceleration - 4,5 minutes into the flight quite possibly. That is definitely less than 10 minutes mark you used in a later post - way past the "flaps just up" stage.