Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

PMDG J41 vs Majestic DH4 - which is easier to learn?

It has for sure. You have to understand that the J41 was released in 2009. The little Jetstream has held it's own for a while. I have them both and prefer the Q all day long but you can't knock the J41. Plus the J41 works great on some short low density regional routes.

Reik Namreg

I don't know exactly where to put this.. so..

I'm looking into learning and flying one of these.. but which one is easier to learn to fly.. 

pros and cons of each?

I'm leaning toward the dash 8.. simply because it is the latest and newest one out and it is a more common aircraft and hauls more virtual passengers.  I think I would like that.. but..

thanks

I have both and I can tell that the J41 lures you in with it's ease of getting it started and off the ground and then whamo, Fire! Fire! Fire! I found the Q400 more rewarding and elegant. in the end they are both tough but not impossible.

Get the 400

Both are great aircraft sims, but I would go for the Majestic Dash8-Q400, if you couldn't get both.

Check out the Airline2Sim training for the Q400.  It is a great training aid and teaches how the Q400 is professionally operated by real pilots. http://movies.airline2sim.com/

Watch some of their free sample videos.  You'll enjoy them and it will give you an idea what is involved in flying it.

The Q400 is my favorite aircraft over everything (and I have them all).  I just love flying it.

I agree with FSXtreme. Majestic seems to have found a way to get a turboprop to act like a turboprop within the confines of fsx.

Reik Namreg

It's true the J41 will blow up it's engines easier on start up, due to them being permanently coupled to the propellers so you have to make sure the props are set in the correct position on start up, there is a very nifty switch to do this on the center console! 

I created checkplane.com for this reason and then I added other aircraft checklists. I prefer J41 for dynamic flight but the  modern cockpit of q400 is amazing

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

The Q400 with it's beta mode and tiller makes it much more immersive. The J41 engine fires are talked about like it's a bug - it's more accurate simulation.  It was fun to learn about the prop locks and how they work. The Q400 is newer so I say Q.

However, the Q400 is incompatible with alot of addons, check first.

Get both if possible.