Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

A2A Cessna

....... works just fine in DX10, all lights correctly functional, day dusk dawn and night. One superb model!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Actually...all lights not functional, the red beacon light on top of vert stab is in-op in DX10, works fine in DX9.  Others are reporting the same:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=35670

PS: Thanks so much paul for your DX10 guides...apples to apples in my test scenario I get 20FPS in DX9 and DX10 I get 30+ (not sure how much over 30 since i have it capped at that).  Silky smooth FPS also, where DX9 feels jittery at best.

just bought and installed it. Tomorrow or the next day I will load it up.

It works when viewed from the rear. This is strange.. :huh:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

PS: Thanks so much paul for your DX10 guides...apples to apples in my test scenario I get 20FPS in DX9 and DX10 I get 30+ (not sure how much over 30 since i have it capped at that).  Silky smooth FPS also, where DX9 feels jittery at best.

I'm thoroughly glad to hear it, Hawkeye! It's always a great feeling to hear of another user's positive experiences, as it validates one's own experience. I've flown, using DX10, just about every day for a couple of hours, sometimes more, since June/July of last year - and each time I get that "Wow!" feeling! Every time I lift off at Diamond Point I look at the water, I get a "Cheesh that looks good!". There are (a few) times where the frames dip into the low twenties - Anacortes, being one of them - but it never stutters, and if the red display thingy is off - I never, ever notice any dip! I cannot even remember when last I had an OOM. No - this experience was never available when using DX9.

Anyway - you made my day, so many thanks!

All the Best,

peej

re. the non-working beacon, I had this too, then I added in the "ballast" light fix found in Steves DX10 shader fixes which seems to have sorted the problem. Additionally, the nav lights now have a glow around them which was missing before. :smile:

Dave Garwood.

Did A2A add DX10 cockpit shadows for their C172?  I own their accusim Cub, WoP3 P-51 and Spitfire; all completely excellent but lacking that extra oomph which that sliding shadow adds when your turning.  I gotta given carenado kudos for implementing this feature for all their aircraft. 

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Hey Paul!

I was reading the FSX Forum about the A2A Cessna.  Are you sure you have it installed and working?  :lol:

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Paul!

I was reading the FSX Forum about the A2A Cessna.  Are you sure you have it installed and working?  :lol:

Best regards,

Jim

Lol yeah I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the secret to a fully functioning one IS dx10 :dance:

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Gimme 2 secs an' I'll have some piccies fer ya!

Back in a flash...

Oh ye of little faith!

OK, here they are - still uploading, and converted (sizewise) down a bit.. but still good.

All clickpoints work, it's a bit on the sticky side to get moving, but not like some others have found. My major beef is the float on landing - easy enough to adust in the air file, but before that, and to be truthful - I've never soloed a 172  as yesterdays flights were, but did an hour in the left seat in one, two or three years ago, with an instructor alongside. I shot a dozen pretty much flawless landings, including some short & steep ones, and never once experienced any float I will add a pax and see what happens tonight. I love the landing light, it lights the ground very realistically - I guess lessons learned from their S/W Lights Redux, etc.. The last few pics  are IFR, using ILS into CYYJ.

Very, very nice. Well worth the money.

Did A2A add DX10 cockpit shadows for their C172?  I own their accusim Cub, WoP3 P-51 and Spitfire; all completely excellent but lacking that extra oomph which that sliding shadow adds when your turning.  I gotta given carenado kudos for implementing this feature for all their aircraft. 

Yep! I see cockpit shadows and they are glorious, I couldn't be happier to be switching to DX10 after years of DX9

re. the non-working beacon, I had this too, then I added in the "ballast" light fix found in Steves DX10 shader fixes which seems to have sorted the problem. Additionally, the nav lights now have a glow around them which was missing before. :smile:

Thanks Dave will try it out and report back how it goes

OK, here they are - still uploading, and converted (sizewise) down a bit.. but still good.

Excellent!!! I am sold, but not in a hurry at this moment...still breaking in my A2A Spitfire.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

How did you do this, Dave? I did the same this morning, and now the red beacon flashes from the front - but not from the rear!!!! :huh: