Sign in to follow this  
nrcrate

NOTAM: FedExVAC Announces PMDG 777 Celebration! ALL INVITED!

Nick,

I've registered but unable to log in.

I dropped you a PM - please reply and I'll see what the issue is and get you hooked up.

Great idea to get everyone motivated to fly the event and to learn the basics of their new aircraft in the hanger! Booked a 09:06z departure out of Memphis so I'll see everyone there!

Anyhow, a brilliant idea, Nick. Unfortunately as an IVAO member I won't be able to attend. I wish you and all participants a great and successful event and may the VATSIM servers and ATC treat you well. Hopefully some of our bright members in IVAO (and we have quite a few of them) will come up with something similar and will we join you in the virtual next door realm.

Just make a VATSIM account... it's free also.

Great idea to get everyone motivated to fly the event and to learn the basics of their new aircraft in the hanger! Booked a 09:06z departure out of Memphis so I'll see everyone there!

Excellent! Although I hope they would have learned the basics by the event....

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

That satisfying feeling you get when your hunch is right and the event will stay as planned.  :lol:  :P

That satisfying feeling you get when you takeoff and climb at 6k FPM  ^_^

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

urkel.gif

How did you learn it so fast? Or did you already know it?

Well, the nice thing with our fellow Boeings is that they are fairly similar in certain aspects, and much different in others. I view the 777 as a little less workload intensive than the 737. I usually do a first flight, then write down what I discover that I need to learn more about, and then I go from there.

In this case I know I need to learn to use the checklists at the right times, and how to manage my speed on approach or anticipate what speed I should be at before I enter the approach.

I am an extremely fast learner- I did the same thing with the NGX and people in our VA couldn't understand how on earth I learned to fly it and start training people so quickly.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Well, the nice thing with our fellow Boeings is that they are fairly similar in certain aspects, and much different in others. I view the 777 as a little less workload intensive than the 737. I usually do a first flight, then write down what I discover that I need to learn more about, and then I go from there.

In this case I know I need to learn to use the checklists at the right times, and how to manage my speed on approach or anticipate what speed I should be at before I enter the approach.

I am an extremely fast learner- I did the same thing with the NGX and people in our VA couldn't understand how on earth I learned to fly it and start training people so quickly.

Haha, cool. Looks like I'll be doing some reading too.