Sign in to follow this  
troppo1

new GEX vs FTX Global

"" All these addons works flawlessly with each other""

As stated above, my old E6600 dualcore running at 4,2ghz is very sensitive and finicky, So I envy you even if I dont totally believe you, I know my setup is old and outdated so I have to accept your word.

Are you kidding, we all know that these addons makes us more wet than sex :lol:

Has your water-cooled CPU sprung a leak? Nasty!

Not sure I understand this?  I have GEX and it's not a photo-real representation of a specific area, meaning what I see on the ground is NOT real life ... so I guess I'm confused on how you would compare GEX or FTXG with your real world travels?

Robains, I hve had the same sim since god know when, I have flown a lot and have travelled a lot. Before and after I travel I fly it on my pc, But with only default GEX, UTX REX  it wasnt that great. Now with the new GEX, it is something else, not real life but hell, after going to a place with only deafult scenery and old GEX to going to that same place with the new GEX it is a 100% improvment,, I am going to go revisit all those places again to see what it looks like now with the new textures( if the misses doesnt divorce me from spending too much time locked in my flightsim room)

I have been flying since FS5 in 98???? too old to find a new wife...

"""Well i don't know how lucky I am, I live in the far North and it's a very cold climate, and the winters are rough and dark 24/7, I actually wish I lived in Spain  :P A few weeks from now the sun will dissapear and I won't see it again until the end of Januari..""""

Advantages:

1. more hrs inside to sim

2, no sunlight to reflect on the monitor

3, NORTHEN LIGHTS, lucky bugger

Disadvantages:

1, spain is bloody hot....

Advantages:

1. more hrs inside to sim    True

2, no sunlight to reflect on the monitor True

3, NORTHEN LIGHTS, lucky bugger    Yeah, the Northern light is nice, but I seen it so many times so it's not that special

Disadvantages:

1, spain is bloody hot.... True

Well maybe Im lucky afterall ^_^ And in the summer the sun is up 24/7 so maybe that weights up for the dark winters.

Well maybe Im lucky afterall ^_^ And in the summer the sun is up 24/7 so maybe that weights up for the dark winters.

And I forgot SNOWMOBILES, you lucky lucky bast..rd

""3, NORTHEN LIGHTS, lucky bugger    Yeah, the Northern light is nice, but I seen it so many times so it's not that special"""

True, just like the great barrier reef and the whitsundy islands were when I lived in Aus, seeing whales and dolphins every day gets a bit ho hum, but the lights!!! ....not sure about that.

night, back tomorrow.

I have to admit sitting on the fence with GEX or FTX Global.  On the one hand, I've always thought FTX products were much too dark.  On the other, they have those cool frame-friendly lights.  Not sure I'll ever figure it out.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

3, NORTHEN LIGHTS, lucky bugger

I usually put a few lava lamps on my window sill the advantage being I can still see them even when its cloudy

Kaboki.

Before we start putting screenies up we need to establish some parameters. Different settings, sliders, Jpg, same plane? that kind of thing, other wise we are comparing apples to oranges.

My poor pld pc is running a 27in monitor as main and a 15in for the MFD, a 10in for the PFD and a 7in U-Propit, then she runs 2 other pcs in network to run flightsim commander, skype, TS and PlanG3 on 1 and Widgets map and internet on the other.

quick foto made with phone:

now in Orbx my sliders are Autogen Normal and Scenery Complexity to Extremely Dense.

In GEX I run AG Extremely Dense and scenery at Dense.

So I will be seeing a hell of a lot more on the ground in GEX than I would be in Orbx.

My sim settings while taking Screens:

If we go to innsbrugg LOWI and fly to a spot, take a screeny, convert to jpg and post with pos, framerates and what the time and season, day and so on is, do you think that would work?

If we go to innsbrugg LOWI and fly to a spot, take a screeny, convert to jpg and post with pos, framerates and what the time and season, day and son on is, do you think that would work?

I can set the same setting as you are using with gex, but my frames is locked at 30FPS(need to be like that because I have tweaked the config, if I set unlimited frames I will get blurries, so it will be hard to see my real frames because they stay at constant 29.8FPS)

For GA I useally have extreme autogen anywhere in the world, but Im gonna get down to your settings so I doesn't get unfair B)

Does anyone know if FTXG fixed the lights problem in DX10?

Thanks, Rob.

Rob I have no idea about DX10 and no-one answered you, but while I was researching I found this:

" GEX is fully DX10 compatible and they even tweaked the texture lum and colors to really SHINE in DX10 mode,.".

being an Old fogey I have absolutley no idea what it means. The others will jump in and tell me hopefully. Without Michael to ring and ask stupid questions I am a bit lost, but I gather lum is short for lumenis? and therefore something to do with lights? I have done a bit of night flying and the lighting seems to be great on fps and on eye candy,,,but I prefer to see the Granite faces Before I feel them and so stay mostly day and dusk time.
Speaking of which I just found GEX FB pages and you can really see the granite I was talking about.

now to see if my screenies compare.

Kaboki..

I am the opposite, I have to run unlimited or 99 or I get bluuries, also I need to keep at least 1000ft above ground level on a fast flight to allow the textures to load. say we use the new 172 and forget framerates, just check out mountain, valley and ground?

I had no idea this thread was going on over here, so many forums and so little time!  I had a similiar one started on the FSX forum, and another that got moved to the FTX forum which I didnt even know existed :wub:

I decided to upgrade my GEX as well and man what a difference.... since you mentioned granite, here is a shot from a flight in the Himalayas yesterday.....

Jay

now thats what I mean, the granite is just amazing in GEX. I love the mointains. thanks for the post. Can you say where and when so someone with Global can give us a shot at the same place?

have to do better. try this one to see the ground textures.

I am the opposite, I have to run unlimited or 99 or I get bluuries, also I need to keep at least 1000ft above ground level on a fast flight to allow the textures to load. say we use the new 172 and forget framerates, just check out mountain, valley and ground?

Ok

I have to say that granite screenshoot is quite impressive :O Why doesn't Flight1 put up screenshoots like that on their webpage, that shoot could have sold me....

I think I have to reconsider everything I have said so far and eat my own words :blush:

Can you say where and when so someone with Global can give us a shot at the same place?

Sorry, not exactly sure, somewhere south of Everest

Jay