Sign in to follow this  
mikjet

How to fly the aircraft without 2D panel?

I never liked the VC - the view is stuck in one place and looking around is a miserable experience - looking up at the upper panel you need to twist your head 90 degrees to look at the switches and knobs.   Maybe it's me and I may not be doing something right, but I seriously miss the 2D panel view right now.   I don't have any of the fancy trackIR or similar device.   Is there a key combination to move the view point like we see in the videos?  I looked around the documentation, found references to popup but these are just big squares appearing on the screen.    

Can we ask for the 2D panel back?   is that an option?  

Any tips, info would be appreciated,

Michel.

Maybe it's me and I may not be doing something right, but I seriously miss the 2D panel view right now.

It is.  Sorry to be blunt, but that's me.  I used to be a huge anti-VC person, so I know what you're feeling.  It's all about forcing yourself to get out of the bad habit of relying on the 2D panel.  It's really a crutch that nobody who is reliant on 2D panels is willing to admit.

I don't have any of the fancy trackIR or similar device.

I don't either.  Hold down the SPACEBAR and then move the mouse to look around easily.

Can we ask for the 2D panel back?   is that an option?

No, and no.  2D is a thing of the past.  Sorry.

Kyle Rodgers

These guys are right. You'll get used to it. It may take a little while but it will eventually click and you will quickly grow to like it. It happened to me when I first switched over from 2d panels.

EZDOK is your answer. You can technically create any "2D-like" views you want. You can assign hot keys to those views for easy navigation between them too. Also looking around the cockpit is a breeze. Instead of the default SPACBAR+mouse (2-handed), with EZDOK it's hold MOUSE WHEEL + move mouse (1 handed)