Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

PDF MFD & EICAS Popups - Cannot move on screen

Hi all,

I can confirm that they all can be dragged re-sized and moved in Fullscreen mode!!  It's tough to find the drag spots but they are there.  Only iss ue is they are not remembered   I tried saving the set-up to a flight file but no joy.  Have to reposition and resize everytime I start FSX...  No huge deal, at least they thought of us simpit builders.  Thanks PMDG!!

Rob

They are remembered in windowed mode, though ...

I use the 1/2Vsync method which only works in full screen mode :-(

But....I think when you save a flight in full screen (with 2D panels as desired), the next time if you open this flight while in full screen mode also,....I think that works.

You just have to make sure you dont open that saved flight in windowed mode cause then everything is messed up again.

Rob Robson

I can move panels to second screen, but after a while all the panels on second screen stop updating and all goes black, only thing visible for all the panels is the edge.

This  issues such as dragging with razor thin edge to spot, and undocked windows failing on second screen are putting a damper on my experience with this A/c.

Love the FS features in the CDU, but I resolved undocked windows on second screen years ago, shame to find this a/c is the only one in my hanger sitll having such issues

I can move panels to second screen, but after a while all the panels on second screen stop updating and all goes black, only thing visible for all the panels is the edge.

This  issues such as dragging with razor thin edge to spot, and undocked windows failing on second screen are putting a damper on my experience with this A/c.

Love the FS features in the CDU, but I resolved undocked windows on second screen years ago, shame to find this a/c is the only one in my hanger sitll having such issues

I have no problems here but I have not done flights longer than 1.5hrs either.

PFD,ND,upper and lower EICAS on second monitor.

CDU and MCP on third (touchscreen monitor)

However, I can not save the flight and expect the 2D popups to be at their proper position.

I have to drag them there every time.

But I think that is more an FSX problem than a PMDG problem.

How long do you have to fly for the 2D pop ups to stop working?

Rob Robson

+1 , I'm having the same issue, the pop up windows work fine on the primary display but on the second or third monitor they go black after a while. Hoping this issue is tracked under the various panel state bugs mentioned on the known issue page?

Thanks.

Remy

I am using 3 monitors. Main visuals on one Pfd nd on second and eicas on third. No issues here. Maybe your resolution settings need to be looked at.

Justin whetstone

Using fullscreen dual monitors. The display can be moved. As  stated, the click spot to drag is a little tricky to find. I use far upper left.

Using fullscreen dual monitors. The display can be moved. As stated, the click spot to drag is a little tricky to find. I use far upper left.

I'm pretty sure he gets them undocked and in the second monitor successfully. They turn black after being undocked for a while.

Justin whetstone

First something simple......you guys do know that when a display is not used it turns black right? (if you select nothing on the lower EICAS then it is black, if you choose FO or Capt displays off then they go black, etc)

Just asking!

Are those with problems flying in windowed mode or full screen mode?

Undocking is a Windowed mode function only and it is totally unnecessary in the 777 to use windowed mode!

(unless you are running other software parallel to FSX that you also want to see during a flight)

I have 3 monitors.

I fly in full screen mode (in FSX go to View/Fullscreen)

I the click on the PFD,ND,EICAS,FMC and MCP so their pop up 2D displays appear.

These can be draged to my second and third monitor instantly.

No need for undocking, not even possible to undock, cause you are in full screen mode.

And you can still move them anywhere you want.

I have zero problems with them.

So try full screen mode.

Maybe Windowed mode and the need to undock things causes the problems?

On a side note, you realy dont want to use windowed mode these days if you have a strong PC. (unless you need windowed mode to make other software visible)

FSX has problems like stutters and tearing that can only get rid of in full screen mode!

Full screen mode + fixed 30fps + NVIDIA 1/2Vsync method = smooth flight!

Rob Robson

Re, Blank/black screens this appear to be the order of the day and has been for a very long time... After a while I believed it was to do with the resolution as I had one monitor that was 19 x 180 and the second at, I believe 16x24. Some times it worked and the FMC for example was just great, unfortunately the next time you fired up FSX the FMC and any other panel you dragged and dropped just remained blank/black no matter what you did! Not good... so recently bought a new monitor so that both would now be 1920 x 1080and would do the T7 proud... Guess what... Yep, still still blank/back.

Would appreciate some feedback on this, it is spoiling the T7.