Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

richjb2

PDF MFD & EICAS Popups - Cannot move on screen

Thanks for the T7.  I looks great!

I have a question concerning the PFD, MFD, & EICAS popup displays.  I was able to click on the PFD, MFD and EICAS displays to view the zoomed in displays.  However, unlike NGX was I unable to move the zoom displays to other locations around the cockpit.  The were fixed in the position where the zoom display opened.   Is this correct?

I read the manual (pages 0.00.47 to 0.00.59) concerning the popup zoom displays.  It does not mention anything about being able to move the popups around to other spots on the screen.  I am able to move the FMS and the Radios popup panels around the screen, just not the PFD, MFD, & EICAS popup displays.

I find the ability to open the PFD & MFD displays and move them around the cockpit quite useful in the NGX where the VC zoom level does not always permit easy reading of the PFD or MFD, especially with older eyes! :)

Am I doing something wrong?  If not, would be possible to implement this feature on the next update?  Let me know if I need to submit a trouble ticket.

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Wichita, KS

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had the same problem with the popup displays first. Unlike in the NGX you have to click on the outer edge of the display (the thin pitch black line that sourrounds the whole display) to move it.

The trick is putting the cursor right on the edge of the popup, if you look close you can see a narrow black border from which it is possible to drag and resize.

The PFD,ND, and EICAS can NOT be moved to another monitor. I have 4 monitors on 2 video cards and only the radios, MCP, and CDU can be moved to any of the 4 monitors. I am very disappointed in this and I hope they fix it soon!

ps Right click does nothing whether full screen or windowed mode.

Hi Rob

Because I fly in windowed mode I can move the displays such as PFD to a second monitor by clicking the display, then right clicking the very edge of the display then choosing un-dock display, then drag it over to my second monitor.  Not sure about full screen mode as I do not use it.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

John Calleja

The PFD,ND, and EICAS can NOT be moved to another monitor. I have 4 monitors on 2 video cards and only the radios, MCP, and CDU can be moved to any of the 4 monitors. I am very disappointed in this and I hope they fix it soon!

All displays can be undocked and dragged in windowed mode as well. Pls. note the DUs have only a very small area on the top border where the right click/undock actually works.

please tell me that is not true!

I must have full screen mode with PFD + ND + engines on second monitor!

All displays can be undocked and dragged in windowed mode as well. Pls. note the DUs have only a very small area on the top border where the right click/undock actually works.

Olli, can you try moving them to a second monitor (if you have one connected ofcourse) while in full screen mode?

please let it work!

(...)Olli, can you try moving them to a second monitor (if you have one connected ofcourse) while in full screen mode?

please let it work!

... and spoil my descent into EGPK?   :P

Works in full screen mode like a charm; you don't have to undock before dragging, of course. Had the MCP, CDU and two MFDs on the 2nd one - no problems!

... and spoil my descent into EGPK? :P

Works in full screen mode like a charm; you don't have to undock before dragging, of course. Had the MCP, CDU and two MFDs on the 2nd one - no problems!

Thx Olli, but what about the PFD, ND, and Engine parameters (upper center display)?

737727nut is saying they cant be moved in full screen!

That would be horrible....dissaster!

(ofcourse, dont ruin your flight...just whenever you have time)

Thx Olli, but what about the PFD, ND, and Engine parameters (upper center display)?

737727nut is saying they cant be moved in full screen!

That would be horrible....dissaster!

(ofcourse, dont ruin your flight...just whenever you have time)

In my reply above I had the ND and the lower DU dragged - just tested with all four of them, including the PFD and the upper (EICAS) DU - it works for each DU (Captain's side tested only).

In my reply above I had the ND and the lower DU dragged - just tested with all four of them, including the PFD and the upper (EICAS) DU - it works for each DU (Captain's side tested only).

Pfffff, thx god....no thx Olli :-)

Bloodpressure returning to normal again....

Others can move all displays everywhere.

So must be your 2 GPU config is causing trouble.

I can imagine it not being possible to move things from a monitor connected to GPU 1 to a monitor connected to GPU 2

Pfffff, thx god....no thx Olli :-)

Bloodpressure returning to normal again....

Others can move all displays everywhere.

So must be your 2 GPU config is causing trouble.

I can imagine it not being possible to move things from a monitor connected to GPU 1 to a monitor connected to GPU 2

You're sooooo gonna love her!!!   ^_^

Hi all,

I can confirm that they all can be dragged re-sized and moved in Fullscreen mode!!  It's tough to find the drag spots but they are there.  Only iss ue is they are not remembered   I tried saving the set-up to a flight file but no joy.  Have to reposition and resize everytime I start FSX...  No huge deal, at least they thought of us simpit builders.  Thanks PMDG!!

Rob

They are remembered in windowed mode, though ...

I use the 1/2Vsync method which only works in full screen mode :-(

But....I think when you save a flight in full screen (with 2D panels as desired), the next time if you open this flight while in full screen mode also,....I think that works.

You just have to make sure you dont open that saved flight in windowed mode cause then everything is messed up again.

I can move panels to second screen, but after a while all the panels on second screen stop updating and all goes black, only thing visible for all the panels is the edge.

This  issues such as dragging with razor thin edge to spot, and undocked windows failing on second screen are putting a damper on my experience with this A/c.

Love the FS features in the CDU, but I resolved undocked windows on second screen years ago, shame to find this a/c is the only one in my hanger sitll having such issues

I can move panels to second screen, but after a while all the panels on second screen stop updating and all goes black, only thing visible for all the panels is the edge.

This  issues such as dragging with razor thin edge to spot, and undocked windows failing on second screen are putting a damper on my experience with this A/c.

Love the FS features in the CDU, but I resolved undocked windows on second screen years ago, shame to find this a/c is the only one in my hanger sitll having such issues

I have no problems here but I have not done flights longer than 1.5hrs either.

PFD,ND,upper and lower EICAS on second monitor.

CDU and MCP on third (touchscreen monitor)

However, I can not save the flight and expect the 2D popups to be at their proper position.

I have to drag them there every time.

But I think that is more an FSX problem than a PMDG problem.

How long do you have to fly for the 2D pop ups to stop working?

+1 , I'm having the same issue, the pop up windows work fine on the primary display but on the second or third monitor they go black after a while. Hoping this issue is tracked under the various panel state bugs mentioned on the known issue page?

Thanks.

Remy

I am using 3 monitors. Main visuals on one Pfd nd on second and eicas on third. No issues here. Maybe your resolution settings need to be looked at.

Justin whetstone

Using fullscreen dual monitors. The display can be moved. As  stated, the click spot to drag is a little tricky to find. I use far upper left.

Using fullscreen dual monitors. The display can be moved. As stated, the click spot to drag is a little tricky to find. I use far upper left.

I'm pretty sure he gets them undocked and in the second monitor successfully. They turn black after being undocked for a while.

Justin whetstone

First something simple......you guys do know that when a display is not used it turns black right? (if you select nothing on the lower EICAS then it is black, if you choose FO or Capt displays off then they go black, etc)

Just asking!

Are those with problems flying in windowed mode or full screen mode?

Undocking is a Windowed mode function only and it is totally unnecessary in the 777 to use windowed mode!

(unless you are running other software parallel to FSX that you also want to see during a flight)

I have 3 monitors.

I fly in full screen mode (in FSX go to View/Fullscreen)

I the click on the PFD,ND,EICAS,FMC and MCP so their pop up 2D displays appear.

These can be draged to my second and third monitor instantly.

No need for undocking, not even possible to undock, cause you are in full screen mode.

And you can still move them anywhere you want.

I have zero problems with them.

So try full screen mode.

Maybe Windowed mode and the need to undock things causes the problems?

On a side note, you realy dont want to use windowed mode these days if you have a strong PC. (unless you need windowed mode to make other software visible)

FSX has problems like stutters and tearing that can only get rid of in full screen mode!

Full screen mode + fixed 30fps + NVIDIA 1/2Vsync method = smooth flight!