Sign in to follow this  
maple-syrup

Autoland

Autoland on the PMDG 777X seems really rough... Like it really doesn't flare at all, When all of the other PMDG aircraft with autoland it's 100% gentle, I can land it manually just as gently as the NGX (Better than the auto land) but if I do a full autoland it's very rough.

Something loose in cockpit.
Something tightened in cockpit.

Evidence of leak on right main landing gear

Evidence removed.

TCAS inoperative

TCAS always inoperative in OFF mode.

Autoland very rough

Autoland was not activated.

I havn't tried the Autoland yet, might give it a go when I get home tonight.

Alrighty.

I had LOC/GS both high lighted in green, Land 3 - - Flare mode activated, still rough.

My auto land put me down at-86 fpm earlier today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I can't remember which one but one of the manuals states that the method for flaring, unlike the NGX is to fly through 50 feet and only start pitching at 20-30 feet because the aircraft has a tendency to float otherwise. I noticed that when autolanding, the aircraft does this and it looked rough the first time because you look out the front and are convinced that you are going to plough straight into the pavement until an abrupt pitch up. The touchdown was still nice and smooth though. Hope this helps.

All 4 autolands, 3 of them near the max published x-wind limits, were uneventful and I can't believe they could be better.

I am still to find anything wrong with this T7 regarding autoland, as a matter of fact auto-flight as a whole.... Add to it the brillant modeling of Boeing's FBW and... what can I say?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...