Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

FS2CREW vs. FS PASSENGERS - LIGHTS!

So I have noticed a little problem when I use FS2CREW and PS PASSENGER X.   I have max realism set in FS Passengers and there seems to be conflict in procedures on the ground regarding the strobe light.    FS Passengers demands that the Strobe Light be set to STEADY when entering the runway for take off but my FO in FS2CREW turns it to STROBE when entering the runway after calling for Runway Entry Procedures.   Who is right?

Is the strobe suppose to be solid or flashing when entering the runway?   It costs me 30 points on my score every time I take off if I don't go over to the light panel in the 737 and flick it back to Steady.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

FS2Crew is correct

All Aircraft use "Steady" lights when on the ground and taxiing, even when at the gate these lights have to remain on (these are the red and green lights on the wings and the white light on the tail)

When given clearance to enter the runway and hold/takoff the crew would turn on the strobes

The strobe lights would then be on at takeoff and should remain on until you have landed at the arrival airport.

When you land these would remain on until you leave the active runway

This makes the aircraft more visible at night

So TLDR:

At Gate - Steady

Pushback - Steady

Taxi - Steady

RWY Entry - Strobe & Steady

Takeoff - - Strobe & Steady

Climb - Strobe & Steady

Cruse - Strobe & Steady

Decent - Strobe & Steady

Approach - Strobe & Steady

Rollout - Strobe & Steady

Taxi - Steady

At Gate - Steady

FS2Crew is correct.

Also, we recommend users use FSCaptain.

The FSPassengers developer quit the Flightsim scene a long time ago and no longer supports his product.

Best,

Thanks for the answer.   FS Passengers unforunately is the only program supported by my VA that is not their own in house tracking system... which crashes during long flights.   I'll take a look at FSCaptain.   I hope the features are as rich as FS Passengers.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy