Sign in to follow this  
Gary McCombie

Multiple Monitors - Undocking Panels

Just wondered if similar to the PMDG 747X you have the facility to undock certain panels such as FMC, Throttles, Overhead, Radio, etc? I appreciate that it's an exclusively 3D cockpit but my set-up utilises 3 monitors, one for cockpit view, one for external aircraft view and the third for undocked panels.

Many thanks for that, I think that pretty much confirms it. The overhead was not actually mentioned in any of the posts but I'm assuming that can also be undocked?

The overhead was not actually mentioned in any of the posts but I'm assuming that can also be undocked?

Nope.  Neither can the throttle, and most of the pedestal areas.

If the overhead and all that were undockable, that would mean they pretty much created 2D panels, wouldn't it?

Kyle Rodgers

I find that I can move the FMC to a second monitor with no problem. However, that's about it! All the other screens pop up and can be resized, but cannot be dragged on the screen or on to a second monitor.

A bit disappointing, as on the B737NGX I could move quite a few screens to a second monitor.

Chris Hall.

I find that I can move the FMC to a second monitor with no problem. However, that's about it! All the other screens pop up and can be resized, but cannot be dragged on the screen or on to a second monitor.

A bit disappointing, as on the B737NGX I could move quite a few screens to a second monitor.

Chris Hall.

You can actually drag the popup displays to the extended screens. My heart almost stopped when I first started the 777 and couldn't move the popup screens, just to find out by mere chance that you have to drag them about from the edges, not anywhere else. The reason PMDG has done that is because the way the checklists work, as you have to use your mouse to click on the checklist items as you go through them, so you won't close them each time you click to mark an item as complete.

so you can drag the popup screens by the edge, dont give up if you do not succeed the first time, kinda tricky :)

why not? I can drag over everything. radio panel, mcdu, mcp, also I drag over the lower screen for the checklist.

edit: Ahmed, you beat me to it by a millisecond!

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

why not? I can drag over everything. radio panel, mcdu, mcp, also I drag over the lower screen for the checklist.

edit: Ahmed, you beat me to it by a millisecond!

My response was written with a lot of procrastination envolved, and still nailed it :lol: