Sign in to follow this  
cdnavi8r

Cockpit registration identification

Good day folks,

I was seeing some flightdecks with Aircraft Identifications and SELCAL right in front of the pilot.  I was curious to find out if anyone knew how to edit those as the Air Canada fleet has their SELCAL included on those.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Yes I know the picture shows a -300...but the concept is there on all Air Canada's 777 fleet.

Regards,

Daniel Desjardins

Pete,

I located that file, made changes, saved with the existing alpha and I still don't get any changes in the aircraft.

IMG_14092013_082547_zpsef60f1dd.jpg

IMG_14092013_082753_zps84d198a2.jpg

Not exactly sure why it's upside down, but anyways, Any inputs would be appreciated.

I located that file, made changes, saved with the existing alpha and I still don't get any changes in the aircraft.

Hey Daniel,

Make the changes to the alpha texture....in your pic of the DXTBMP app above, you'll see it in the upper right corner.

The reason it is flipped upside down is a mystery to painters, you just just have to remember to flip it before saving it.  Didnt happen when we were painting on dtx textures in FS9.

Regards,

Steve Dra  

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Everyone is a great help so far!! Now the alpha layer seems to be locked, and yet I can't seem to unlock it by any means of unlocking a layer.

Ideas, anyone? 

Everyone is a great help so far!! Now the alpha layer seems to be locked, and yet I can't seem to unlock it by any means of unlocking a layer.

Hey Daniel,

Send me a PM with your email and I'll send the file to you (I just did it for you instead of trying to figure out your issue) :)

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Could you send this to me also, please?

Thanks!!

If you could modify the SELCAL to AR-GS that would be great.

I presume this would work for all liveries once modified? Does it read the registration as set in FS or is the registration painted for every livery?

Best regards,

Robin.

Thanks!!

I presume this would work for all liveries once modified? Does it read the registration as set in FS or is the registration painted for every livery?

Best regards,

Robin.

It's a texture file. Doesn't read anything. Just is a texture file. You could change the texture file to be a picture of Robbo the clown, and then the 'registration/selcal' placard would be a picture of robbo the clown.

Thanks!!

Best regards,

Robin.

Sure Robin

Send me your email in a PM and I'll get it to ya.

Yes you paint the reg on the file on the PMDG_777_VC_NNumber texture.  It will have to be painted for each aircraft.

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

When you've edited you texture flatten all layers then use your magic wand and select all then select inverse. This should leave just your text selected. Select the alpha layer then fill with white. Save as dxt5 in your livery folder.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

The reason it is flipped upside down is a mystery to painters, you just just have to remember to flip it before saving it.  Didnt happen when we were painting on dtx textures in FS9.

It's got something to do with GPU processing optimalisation... IIRC.