Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Flight1 B200 overall post-release impressions?

Been awhile since anyone mentionned the B200

Any good>?

Must be.... since what surfaces in forums usually are complaints, if it is good then  people get too busy to come here and mention it?

I am still thinking of getting it but am still on the fence

What is the top IAS at altitude?

well, the reason I can't tell you my thoughts is because it's, IMO, too expensive even though I'd like it, everyone else seems to be OK with the general march to outrageously expensive addons though.

So I'm sitting and waiting to see what milviz's king air is like, because I suspect they'll stick to more sane pricing.

Thats why I proceed with due caution

Heck the way things are with FTXG and T7, F1

Thats about 100 bucks a week !

Golly my optic TV + Internet costs half that already

My opinion, it really comes down to how much you are planning to fly the Flight1 B200. If a purchaser is just looking for another plane for the hangar, the Flight1 B200 is too much trouble because of the depth of its system and maintinence simulation. You really have to read the manual and learn about the operation of the real world aircraft to become a profiicent pilot in it. Yes, there is a full operations manual, not just some random pdf checklists.

A lot of folks seem to form an opinion based on glass or steam cockpit. The fact that the B200 is a G1000 cockpit is only a small part of the simulation. Besides, real B200 operators would love to have G1000 technology in all their aircraft.

For someone looking for a more casual experience, I would probably recommend the Carenado (full disclosure: the only Carenado product I own is the C90). Hard to say about Milviz product but as far as I know none of their other products have maintenance simulation (full disclosure: the Milviz KingAir 350 will be my first Milviz purchase).

If you really want to do a lot of flying in a Beech B200 simulation, the Flight1 is for you.

Hope this helps.

Yes it does help

I may get into that.

I like flying the J41 just because it is fussy and you can blow and engine if your not careful.

Adds to the realism

Well ... I'm not an experienced flyer of the Flight1 B200 as I only bought it yesterday afternoon ... but so far I'm absolutely loving it. It appears to have a fair bit of depth to it and I think I'll be spending a lot of time in the B200. I also fly a bit of FSEconomy and will be looking forward to flying this bird on FSE.

It's nice and fast, excellent G1000 sim, good systems with engine management required. IAS isn't so much a factor up high but it can do 300-315 KTAS in the lower FL's to mid 20's.

Can do waas apchs with navigraph updates as well.

Flies fairly well still a little stiff with the rudder post update. Crosswinds can be interesting. Still one if my favorite planes released for FSX- ever.

30 day return policy too.

I'd buy it now if I were you.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Huh? No I'd just recommend it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Im going to buy it tomorrow, dont want the thing to keep me up all night...

thanks for the info guys

Literally the ONLY thing I don't like, and its a nitpick of huge proportion, is the fact that the prop spinners "float" in front of the nacelles, ie, the props/spinners are not connected to the nacelles.

I know, I know, ocd.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Even given the release of that "other" plane recently -i got both the same day- I cannot stop flying this. One of the best addons ever IMO. It has something few addons have, character, its fun and never ever gets old or boring....

I couldn't really believe it when I saw the topic asking which was better, there's no competition, its this one

Lee

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't really believe it when I saw the topic asking which was better, there's no competition, its this one

I started a topic requesting a comparison between the Carenado B200 and this one (a legitimate ask IMO), so you could be referring to that topic.

My primary reason for that was because I actually already own the Carenado C90B .. and while it's 'OK' .. it doesn't really rock my boat.

I took the advice proffered and went with Flight1 ... and I glad I did ... even though the price is a bit steep.

You're right .. the two are on different ends of the scale as far as system depth and (dare I say) quality.

I then got EZCAM as well .. and now my FSX experience is (slowly) improving ... ^_^

I started a topic requesting a comparison between the Carenado B200 and this one (a legitimate ask IMO), so you could be referring to that topic.

My primary reason for that was because I actually already own the Carenado C90B .. and while it's 'OK' .. it doesn't really rock my boat.

I took the advice proffered and went with Flight1 ... and I glad I did ... even though the price is a bit steep.

You're right .. the two are on different ends of the scale as far as system depth and (dare I say) quality.

I then got EZCAM as well .. and now my FSX experience is (slowly) improving ... ^_^

I hope my post didn't come across as arrogant!

People should use what they enjoy but yeah the F1 offering is definitely better in terms of FDE, systems and sounds. And IMO the VC is better too. I own the C90 and there's no comparison.

Glad you are enjoying FSX also!

Lee

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk 2