Sign in to follow this  
alcanallen

Airport Altitude Problem

OK folks LIMJ Sestri has now been sorted somehow i did a bgl.bak on a file in scenery/eurw which caused the problem.i replaced the bgl file with the one in the download and it`s done.

The old saying"rubbish in rubbish out" applies.

Thanks all and by the way the scenery is a modified ISD Project.

Cheers.John.

Do you follow the corect SID from Sestri?

I've done a couple of BA flights from there. Some of the first time pax look worried because the a/c is snaking all over the sea.

What's worse though is getting to the airport on time! It has direct access to/from the autostrade which at certain times of the day is a solid non moving mass. So you always have to add an extra hour to your journey in case of traffic jams.

Iv`e still a problem with Peter Slater`s Leeds Bradford EGNM, iv`e tried all suggestions but to no avail.will airport editor do the trick or have i missed another file.

I have british roade and rail installed.

Cheers John FAPE

Iv`e still a problem with Peter Slater`s Leeds Bradford EGNM, iv`e tried all suggestions but to no avail.will airport editor do the trick or have i missed another file.

I have british roade and rail installed.

Cheers John FAPE

All suggestions?

If that is true then you may have other afd files knocking about that are messing things up.

First, download this and run it: ScanAFD. Set it to show all duplicates including disabled scenery layers. How many EGNM does it find?

Next, create a folder called Elevation Corrections. Don't forget to put a ../Scenery/ folder inside it.

Find the uppermost EGNM afd file, make a copy and place it in ../Elevation Corrections/Scenery/

Disable (by changing *****.bgl to *****.xxx) any other EGNM afd files.

Start FS9 and declare the new scenery layer 'Elevation Corrections', right down the bottom of your scenery library, and up one.

Exit.

Start FS9 again and taxi around EGNM.

Take some screenshots of the AI.

Get back to us.

How does that sound? We'll get on to flattens and forcing an elevation change later, but try the elegant solution first.

Cheers,

D

Peter's AF2 file is set at the default elevation of 207.873 meters.

The scenery has been set at 207.264 meters. Somehow he has done this without having the default runway floating in the air.

Adding a copy of the AF2 to \Scenery\World\scenery will not fix this airport as AI will still use 207.873 meters.

Using ADE's airport elevation change tool I reset Peter's AF2 to 207.264.

The results are much better, yet not perfect.

The AI are now sitting at 207.320 despite my setting the AF2 at 207.264. With the difference being only 2 1/4 inches, it is hard to notice unless you look real close.

A perfect fix lies somewhere in one of the 85 *.bgl files.

If someone wants to search further for a perfect fix, I wish them luck.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Do you still have a file called EGNM_Default_Copyright_Peter_Slater_Aug2006.bgl anywhere?

He does say in the README.pdf to delete 2 files before installing. One being an AF2 file and the other being the above .bgl.

Once I had done that, I used ADE9X to revise the elevation to 683.000' and had no further problems.

Colin B

Hi all, good news iv`e finally cracked the fault,using ADEX9 i corrected the altitude to 680.00 and bingo,spot on.

I see it created a totally new file EGNM_ ADE9_JM

This is a useful tool i`ll be using it often,thanks for all the input.

Cheers.John FAPE   :P