Sign in to follow this  
UlfB

What ever happened to SpiritFlyers post about resigning?

Hi,

About 10 hours ago I was chocked when reading a post by Stephen Wilcox, SpiritFlyer, where he announced that he had resigned from the AVSIM board of directors and as moderator.

Now the post seems to be gone. I hope that it's because Stephen regretted his decision, but I'm still a little worried.

Any information would be very much appreciated. I tried to reach Stepen by a message, but it seems that Stephen has disabled messages.

This is indeed a sad day...

I just noticed that Stephen's profile here on AVSIM has been changed, which confirms that SpiritFlyer has resigned as moderator and from the AVSIM board of directors.

This is indeed a sad day...

Yes, sad to hear the loss of a good staff member and moderator. We all have to make decisions in life about what is important to us. I am sure Stephen had a tough decision to make and I understand that our life can not always be what others want, but needs to be a decision on our values and desires. Good luck to Stephen and I hope that he stays involved with the hobby and with us at AVSIM. Thanks Stephen. :Applause:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Perhaps this all stems from the feud that arose about the release of the T7 and how the person was bashing FSX and PMDG for not supporting FS2004? Then started personally attacking Steve, who fought back by gracefully calling him an IDIOT ? Hence, why I could and never would be a moderator. Just curious?

Seems no one knows why Stephen's post disappeared from this forum. Strange it is.

No comments from anybody on the AVSIM board of directors. Strange it is.

Is this Russia?

The post itself was Stephens resignation and it did not contain any reason for his decision , a Thank You to the members was the only clear message, posting his resignation as opposed to submitting it resulted in the post being hidden , it being something of a breach of faith to have resigned that way.

All the best to Stephen in the next chapter of his life.    That's what life is; chapters, just like those in a book (except we're not sure who is writing this book :wink:).  

Perhaps he just felt it was time to close one chapter and move forward to the next.

Well, I liked him in his position and on our rare chats.  He struck me as a nice dude.  Good luck and fair winds, Stephen.  Thanks for serving the group!

Kevin

This is all too melodramatic for me, especially considering everything going on in the world. I guess we should feel especially fortunate that we're grabbing tissues over the coming and going of flight simulator forum mods.

Good luck to you, though, SpiritFlyer.

...it being something of a breach of faith to have resigned that way.

If Stephen Wilcox broke some AVSIM rule I'm sure he had some very good reasons for doing that.

And of course those posts should be hidden. Transparency isn't important.

Did I or somebody else mention Russia? Who gives a s**t about that. Time to say a really farewell to AVSIM - only bad thing is that I won't reach the PMDG support forums any more. Thank you PMDG ;-)

Ulf , what is the point in baiting bulls with comments like that aside to provoke a row ? , its a discomforting time as it is, that comment and your resignation is supposed to improve what is an unhappy moment already , to provoke sober reflection?

Stephen had his reasons, he is a man of conviction and i thought much of him , and continue to do so . As well i think that cooling off periods are an unappreciated tool when coming to terms with hard decisions , both our own and those of others, hence letting the Russia comment go Ulf , Stephen quit and nothing i or anyone else has to say will change that.

Hi, Chuck.  @ the OP, take some time and cool off; we don't need to know where the post went, nor do we need to know Stephen's reasons for going.  As far as how Stephen chose to announce his dparture, that's between him and AVSIM, and we don't need to know if he broke any rules of etiquette or otherwise. 

Best,

Kevin

Well, a conspiracy behind every door.... Simple folks, Stephen had his reasons for resigning from the Board, which he has not explained to us, but we granted him his wish. He remains a member here and hopefully we'll see him return to an active participant in this community.

Hi, Chuck.  @ the OP, take some time and cool off; we don't need to know where the post went, nor do we need to know Stephen's reasons for going.  As far as how Stephen chose to announce his dparture, that's between him and AVSIM, and we don't need to know if he broke any rules of etiquette or otherwise. 

Best,

Kevin

Kind of my sentiments too. But, Ulf is going to have quite a long cooling off period. Compare us to the Russian police state without any basis of fact or even an opportunity to respond (we do have personal lives after all) and you will reap undo attention and a reaction. Ulf has received that reaction and accordance with his wishes (although helped along)..