Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

Erm, liveries?

Maybe Jeff is up to some more. Currently, that C-BERT plan is running and a French one too.

All,

I've started working on a few liveries for this aircraft.  Can't promise anything at this point, but will upload any new livery to the AVSIM library.  Paint kits for Carenado aircraft are made by taking their white or blank texture aircraft and creating a kit or set of templates for it.  It's not too hard to change the colors for an existing paint scheme by just changing the colors.  The biggest issue with the TBM850 is all the exhaust staining on the wings, gear doors, etc.  That dirty look should be a separate layer in a kit to allow for a clean or dirty version.

The examples above clearly show how jumbled the parts are and the challenge of lining up stripes/ribbons when the texture part might be applied to the model and the sizing changed.

I'm working on trying to make a set of templates this week so I can make a clean or dirty version.  Will post a few screenshots this evening of a few attempts at new liveries.

Everything new is very welcome, Steve.  :smile:  I think Jeff also told the story about how well the 'paintkits' are done, or not. Unfortunately, I can't really relate to the pain of the painters as I have no talent at all in that regard. Every time I try to draw an airplane my girlfriend says that this elephant looks strange. :(

Everything new is very welcome, Steve.  :smile:  I think Jeff also told the story about how well the 'paintkits' are done, or not. Unfortunately, I can't really relate to the pain of the painters as I have no talent at all in that regard. Every time I try to draw an airplane my girlfriend says that this elephant looks strange. :(

LOL!  I can understand the challenge if you never painted before.  I've painted for years and decided to go public when the PMDG 737 came out.  I've managed to do a few Carenado liveries for use by myself and a few friends.  Here's the C185F that we like to fly in a couple of paint schemes I made up.

4096-2_zps705e53d6.jpg

HiddenValley-185_zps5d770826.jpg

All,

I've started working on a few liveries for this aircraft.  Can't promise anything at this point, but will upload any new livery to the AVSIM library.  Paint kits for Carenado aircraft are made by taking their white or blank texture aircraft and creating a kit or set of templates for it.  It's not too hard to change the colors for an existing paint scheme by just changing the colors.  The biggest issue with the TBM850 is all the exhaust staining on the wings, gear doors, etc.  That dirty look should be a separate layer in a kit to allow for a clean or dirty version.

The examples above clearly show how jumbled the parts are and the challenge of lining up stripes/ribbons when the texture part might be applied to the model and the sizing changed.

I'm working on trying to make a set of templates this week so I can make a clean or dirty version.  Will post a few screenshots this evening of a few attempts at new liveries.

Steve...My PMDG 737 Guru!...Most of my 737's carry your paint's.

Now with the utmost respect....

I must disagree..."It's not too hard to change the colors for an existing paint scheme by just changing the colors." :wub:

Have you looked really, really, really close at one of there (Carenado's) paints up close?"

Using ModelConverter will make make you scream, "Are you kidding me?" Even the provided liveries are riddle with miss aligned lines! :unsure:

The 206H...Nice alignment! :mad:

206h_zpse6f80723.jpg

And the new Malibu....Good luck trying to get a straight line leading any where near the intakes! :excl:

malibu1_zps427b49cb.jpg

Steve I would love to see any work around to some of the problems that come with Carenado's paint.

I just hope that you don't reach the point of frustration that seems to grab me when it comes painting Carenado's planes.

I would love to have a separate sub forum here, just like PMDG has for their painting projects....HINT...HINT!

I actually went to delete this post a few times...It seems like 'Whining' on my part, to post about the issues associated with these planes. But for heavens sake they make gorgeous planes, and they deserve to be painted!

CP...I was super busy today and haven't had a chance to package up 'C-BERT' yet for upload...Hopefully tomorrow!

Steve...If you want, I would love to talk more about this...PM me if you want, I'd love to help if I can....

Fingers crossed I click on "ADD REPLY"...............................

Uh-Oh!  I've been exposed as a painter...LOL!  Glad I'm missed.  I'm working on just cleaning up parts tonight so I can paint a clean version.  Here are 2 examples I had worked on earlier based off one of the existing liveries.

TBM-Tucano_zpsb9a801ab.jpg

TBM-Blue_zps5626a28b.jpg

No problem with any delays, gentlemen. :smile: And please feel free to discuss the painting issues right here. It's an interesting read from a spectrum I never entered (for the reasons given above).

I Couldn't Agree More my 2 year old Grand Daughter draws better than i do. I have Watched Steve Paint using Join Me  and i sit in Amazement watching him do his Thing.

His Explanation helps me to understand what he is doing but i still know i wouldn't be able to do it   no matter how hard i tried ;-)   

Nice avatar pic, MBaclawski. Forces you to take a second look and then smile. Welcome to Avsim by the way. :smile:

Hi Guys!

Just to mention a French Air Force livery you will find on SOH. File TBM700N_EAAT.zip. Enjoy!