Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Is DX10Fixer just that easy to set up and go?

Great! It makes it just a little bit less clumsy.  :smile: 

Take care Ron.

Danny

I actually did get 'messed up' by this message and changed the path to program files(x86)\microsoft games\Flight Simulator X

Are you saying that doesn't matter anyway?

Can I clear this up? The FSS installer needs to know where to place DX10SceneryFixer and its files. This can be any location you like on any disk. It suggests c:\program files\DX10SceneryFixer which is a fine location but you get to chose.

Unfortunately the original text in the FSS installer said something confusing about the FSX directory as you mention. Its been changed now to say something more sensible.

Later on DX10COntroller needs to know where FSX is. IT tries to find it in the registry. But you can change the pathname if its wrong.

Can I clear this up? The FSS installer needs to know where to place DX10SceneryFixer and its files. This can be any location you like on any disk. It suggests c:\program files\DX10SceneryFixer which is a fine location but you get to chose.

Unfortunately the original text in the FSS installer said something confusing about the FSX directory as you mention. Its been changed now to say something more sensible.

Later on DX10COntroller needs to know where FSX is. IT tries to find it in the registry. But you can change the pathname if its wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up Steve. I take it that the installation path i chose (program files(x86)\MS games\FSX) is just as good as any other path and there's no need for a reinstallation.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I'm going to give it one more try. If there's any shimmering of panel instruments and in particular the GPS in my 172, I'm out!

At present I'm running a beautiful FSX almost all sliders are maxed and 16AS & 8AA Supersampling (ATI 5870 (or is it 5780?) :lol: Don't know what the 'frames' are like, never look. All I know is, for the most part it's smooth. Some airports cause a bit of grief on occasion, but nothing I can't live with.

Er...I'll do it tomorrow, I promise. :unsure:

EDIT: Nice new banner Jim. :good:

Hey Ron,

Happy to hear that it works like a charm for you. I have a HD5870 as well and I have been struggling to get AA and AF to work for two days...

I've set 8x AA in the fixer and 8x AA as well as 16x AF in CCC, but without any luck. I even let FSX renew the FSX.cfg, but without any luck.

Could you point out how you did it? 

Cheers

Nizar

Hi Ron,

I'm using two monitors and have come to terms with an easier way to handle Full Screen. Once I select my aircraft and FSX starts loading, I click in a blank space on the primary monitor (the one with the loading bar showing), a black "windowed" screen will appear on that monitor. Once loaded, I select ALT+ENTER and I get full screen on my primary. I don't have to drag a window.

This is how it works on my system with "nvidia". Hope this helps you out a little. You mileage may vary.  :smile:

I don't know if you saw my 'DX10 convert's story' thread but after swapping to an nvidia card I'm very happy with DX10 now........However :rolleyes:

There is still the problem of starting in full screen/starting on the small monitor.

Here's what I've discovered. My second monitor is situated on the right of my #1 monitor. If, in the display settings, I drag my #2 monitor over to the left of #1 starting FSX reverts to normal. i.e. it starts full screen on my #1. Clear so far?

This throws up an inconvenience in that getting my mouse over to #2 entails moving in the opposite direction. :wacko:

To sum up, FSX starts normally when the it thinks the small monitor is on the left, Steve, if you're listening, is this something you could look into?

If you're dropping off reading this, spare a thought for me having to write it! :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.