Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

DX10 Scenery Fixer Known Problems

Version 2.1 build 43

1) Aerosoft Oslo needs Version2.0 Transparency in Legacy Dialog disabled - the ground lighting is solid otherwise

2) AES sign boards need Version2.0 Transparency in Legacy Dialog disabled

3) Shadowtone option can sometimes cause false external shadows ( this will be fixed in next release)

Version 2.4 build 63

1) Aerosoft Oslo needs Version2.0 Transparency in Legacy Dialog disabled - the ground lighting is solid otherwise

3) EZDOK requires Shadow Version 4 to be selected in the Debug Dialog - its a pulldown on the right hand side

4) Captain SIM 777 dials need Toned Shadows to be deselected.

5) Axis fix causes taxiways in Orbx EU to have false colours in poor visibility.

Version 2.5 build 64

1) Disabling Version 2.0 Transparency in Legacy Dialog stops legacy scenery appearing.

update - download BUILD 65 from your account which fixes this

Version 2.5 build 65

3) Captain SIM 777 dials need Toned Shadows to be deselected.

4) PMDG 737NGX - false shadows. If you move around the VC you may see some fleeting shadows that move with your eyepoint. Set shadowversion to 5 in the debug dialog to prevent this.

5) Freeware Il-18 - false shadows - Set shadowversion to 6 in the debug dialog - see above though!

Version 2.7 build 67

1) Aerosoft Oslo needs Version2.0 Transparency in Legacy Dialog disabled - the ground lighting is solid otherwise (I hope to provide a workaround in 2.8)

(I hope to provide a workaround in 2.8)

4) Freeware Il-18 - false shadows - Set shadowversion to 6 in the debug dialog - see above though!

5) In a side by side install of FSX and FSX-SE if FSX is uninstalled then library installation may report errors. Will be fixed in 2.8

6) In a side by side install the FSX-SE shaders may not be rebuilt on an install uninstall

As a workaround go into the debug dialog in DX10 Controller and press ok after an install.

Will be fixed in 2.8

Version 2.8 build 68

1) Freeware Il-18 - false shadows - Set shadowversion to 6 in the debug dialog - see above though!

2) FastSpring version only - if you installed into the default location c:\program files (x86)\Dx10SceneryFixer then the DX10Controller will run the C++ runtime installer every time you launch it - it is meant to do it just once.

If this keeps happening to you then open file explorer and delete the file VC.txt from the DX10SceneryFixer installation directory.

[update] I have uploaded a build 69 for FastSpring users only that has a different default directory and will remove the VC.txt when libraries are installed. It is probably easier to delete the VC.txt file and keep the original version.

Version 2.9 build 70 - version 3.0

1) Freeware Il-18 - false shadows - Set shadowversion to 6 in the debug dialog

2) Just Flight Trinidad Tb10/20  Sun Visors not appearing - untick DX9 Style Alpha Func in the debug dialog.

v3.1  Build 95

2) Tinmouse II 737 - transparency at dusk/dawn, Disable Version2.0 Transparency in Legacy Dialog (or leave it set and disable Oslo and AES fixes). This issue will be resolved in v3.2

..) Tinmouse II 737 - transparency at dusk/dawn, ....

I wonder if this was the same issue I've had with some freeware aircraft. I went ahead and changed the alpha channel via DXTBmp to sort the problem out. Thanks for the continuing support Steve!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Steve introduced new 3.1 version of DX10 fixer but I am unable to get his email address as he said he would sort it out for people purchased elsewhere, also have issue with current version...Error:

Can not find SteveFx\dx10 scenery fixer\bin\dx10 options.exe. Hope for some help.....Not sure if the whole world should know his email, but I certainly don't have..... :smile: 

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

what???

Firstly my yahoo email is in the manual - please do not ask for people to post an email address on a public forum as it will be spammed. You can also easily contact me by personal message here on avsim or by posting a question in this forum or by asking a question on by blog (linked in my signature).

The update procedure is described in the manual.

If you purchased from the flight sim store then as normal you just need to log on to your account there and download the latest version (3.1). If you cannot recall your login then Flight Sim Store support will assist you to recover it.

If you purchased from fastspring simply download using the URL that your were sent when you purchased. I think that the 21 day period to download 3.1 has just expired so you need to send me your orderId (not the license) by PM so I can reset it for you.

Ooops...first, this is the fastest respond I ever got. Thank you. I am getting blind and crazy recently how many manuals I had to read, but true, I should look more closely, one more time, just in case not to forget anything. I logged there FlightSim store,  but I can't find purchase of Dx10 scenery fixer. Where did I buy, can't recall honestly, was sometimes last year. If that stop me getting the new link, fine, no problem. In the mean time I am trying to fix problem with current version and if no help is available, I exhausted all my options.

Thank you for quick respond

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

The email is on page 1 of the manual under support!

If you can provide me with your name or email (by PM or email - dont post) - I suspect cyyzrwy24 may be a reference to Toronto airport - then I can look for your order in the Fastspring system.

I would suggest that you then download 3.1 and update to it, if that doesn't solve the problem then we can look into it for you.

v3.1 Build 95

2) Tinmouse II 737 - transparency at dusk/dawn, Disable Version2.0 Transparency in Legacy Dialog (or leave it set and disable Oslo and AES fixes). This issue will be resolved in v3.2

3) On occasion with a system that has had fsx and fsx steam installed and then fsx removed and possibly other scenarios the fixer may identify the fsx-se directory as the home of the fsx configuration file when fsx steam is using the fsx directory instead. The AA settings in the fixer will be incorrect and the fsx.cfg editor will have no effect on FSX. Will be resolved in 3.2.

If Cloud Shadows is then installed then the Sim Connect dll will not be loaded and no cloud shadows will be seen...

v3.2 Build 98

2) Aerosoft Zurich V2 - strange black markings on taxiways unless legacy slider is set full left. There will be a new option in the Legacy Dialog to address this in v3.3

3) Aerosoft Frankfurt v2 - it is reported that the parking signs do not work at night unless v2 transparency is disabled.