Sign in to follow this  

Please try this when you have low fps with clouds and high AA settings

Thank you Paul! Solved :)

One thing i've noticed, is that antialias effect is not visible in the opening screen preview, but only after the game is loaded.

Appreciate your help!

Sal

The spinning aircraft AA can be solved by allowing "Nvidia Predefined FXAA" within Inspector, Sal, and then "Toggle FXAA" to "On".

.. or... by using a post-processing AA tool such as SweetFX - but there will be a cost in FPS (depending upon what options you choose), unless you have a very strong system.

All the best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I've got an i7-2600K at 4.6ghz (offset+0.05 i believe, stable 24/7, not stable at 4.8ghz anymore; HT on and SpeedStep On) with the gtx670 2GB (i've even got the card OC'd by about +60 on core and memory).. i've struggled with rain and heavy, low clouds.. For instance Carenado C90B circling very low above KSEA with rain and low clouds yields a range of 14-22 fps (paused to start around 18.5), with fsx locked at 30 and 4x SGS.. Mind you this is on three 24" screens at 5760 x 1200 :)

Anxious to try this post.. very good info!.. hoping to boost at least into the mid 20's, as under most other areas i'm hitting upper 20s locked at 30 (fsmark07 on a 2 minute test around 28 fps, scenery complexity down a notch and autogen on normal however)..

Is there truly a difference between 1024 textures and 4096 fps wise.. or is it mainly when rain is added to the mix.. i guess this is a visual and fps question too... testing will tell i'm sure.  Is it enough to just set to 1024 in fsx.cfg or to truly get the benefit (while leaving the 4096 textures still in the system),or reinstall with 1024 textures as well, set to 1024 etc?  EDIT: leaving 4096 textures installed and switching the fsx.cfg yields about 3 FPS boost

What tool are you guys using to see GPU spikes a memory use during FSX use? (assuming inspector, but i cant find where the file is on the HDD for the csv file)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

The spinning aircraft AA can be solved by allowing "Nvidia Predefined FXAA" within Inspector, Sal, and then "Toggle FXAA" to "On".

Have to ask about this one because I have NI setup just like this as per your great DX10 guide but still I find the spinning a/c to have very bad AA so I wonder if I might have missed something?

This really isn't a big deal because what's seen inside FSX obviously is what really counts.

Richard Åsberg

Here ya go, WM.  Four with, and four without, NI FXAA. I normally run without FXAA, instead using SweetFX - but even that is still an experiment at this time.

Sharp, crisp imagery is still very much dependant upon the monitor, and demonstrated again (for me) with the aquisition of a 27" 2560 x 1440 single ASUS monitor, replacing my three old 19" 1280 x 1024 Viewsonic/TripleHead2Go system. I miss the very wide FOV, but the sharpness (and color, too) of this monitor is astounding. Running together I could not get them to match the Windows 7 Basic desktop color (blue) at all, their appearance being a more duller blue with a greenish hue, and each unable to attain their original brightness and contrast settings.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul!

In your screenshots the difference is very easy to spot so I'm not sure why this isn't happening here but never mind, I consider it a very minor issue :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Hi friends,

I have the same issue (big drop fps in VC when in dense clouds) but I have REX4. Could you confirm... Do I have only set stock wave animation, not water textures, right?

And please tell me where (in which section of cfg file) should I enter BufferPool=0? - in [bUFFERPOOLS]? By the way, first time I see this entry...I have seen UsePools=0, but BP=0 never.

Best regards,

Lucas

@Marc, you wrote:

Deleted Shader HLSL library in the root with a default replacement that Paul posted awhile back

What exactly should I do in this point? Do you mean to delete \ShaderHLSL folder in main FSX dir.?

Edit

Sorry for OT, how can I install all REX4 textures simultaneously except wave animation... hmm? :unsure: - each texture separately?

Ok, friends…all above requests are unimportant - except one:

when you wrote: „BP=0”, do you mean:

[bUFFERPOOLS]

BufferPools=0

[bUFFERPOOLS]

UsePools=0

[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=0

Ps. Yep, nice monologue :smile: 

Go for # 2

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hello everyone . i know im a bit late for the party lol . but is this fix mandatory or is it only when i notice that i get low fps in bad weather ? 

cheers

Does anyone have a link to Paul's ShaderHLSL so we can try this, or is it not necessary?

I'm getting horrendous FPS in clouds and the low level of AA provided by 4x and 4xSGAA does not justify it.

;~;

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Here she be, John. Clouds are historically a heavy load on an already-pushed system, and usually many other pieces need moderation of some form or other. They usually play heck when used with the heavy commercial airliners and heavy airports. A lot is written on the REX site, and I do have some docs (somewhere), that I might be able to dig up.

pj