Sign in to follow this  
koala63

Advice MD82 Maddog, buy or no buy?

Yes it's a pro version.

So now i try a fly without Fs passenger and my VNAV problem disappear :) i just go in the manager & setup to take exactly the parameters for take off and enter on the FMS.

Im actually cruising at FL260 and i have all my flightplan loaded for VNAV calculation.But what wrong with Fs passenger?

I must admit i didn't read guide, but i'm sure there must be something about VC cocpit selection and how to load Maddog in FSX  :lol:

One important thing: during preflight, when you set autopilot - when you set speed knob to 250kts, press speed knob to select mach and set it to 0.760. This have something to do with a real Maddog bugg, something about VNAV transition to mach and losing the airspeed... (It may be fixed in new versions and i'm still doing this???  :huh: ) Paul, am i right? Do you know anything about this?   :ph34r:

Koala, you can take fuel and ZFW directly from cockpit. In Maddog forums you have a lot of links with real world flight manuals for MD80.

Fs passengers may not load weights&Fuel correctly, and may give you some graphical and fps issues if you are using full screen mode. But with Maddog load manager you will feel center of gravity and need for trim! 

Gotta pull the sliders back and turn off addon airports/some scenery because the Maddog is the heaviest hitter when it comes to performance and FPS.

It's one of the worst performers, but it still performs similarly to the NGX, so it's not like it's a huge issue

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Maddog has performance tuning options in Manager&Setup, if needed. And for me performance is better then with NGX, with default settings.

Only me because i jump out the cockpit with my parachute when i heard "50"  :lol:

Seriously, my take off was so much worth than my landing with nose too up.

I've found the Maddog to really stress the need for a proper gauge scan since you can't feel and hear what's coming from the engines. So if you find your EPR values, pitch and airspeed to be ok, you are most likely ok. Wait, that gear! :lol: Needs hydraulic pressure which in turn needs pumps to be online.

Fps are ok for me, better than some modern renditions of similar detailed airliners. And there's nothing like memory related crashes stopping you from flying. Good points from the other captains on the performance tuning options. Those are numerous, although I think I'm running the simple preset.

I could recommend to later get the voiced co-pilot addons. That's some neat stuff after you've learned to handle the plane alone. And, due to its age, there are plenty of tutorials around. They also feature a payware video course, just in case.

Annoying things would be the lack of window textures. I miss them. All that wind. :O

Hello :)

Somebody can tell me how to update my FMC with the maddog 2010?

(I already have the pmdg 777 and MD-11)

Problem solved i just replace the navdata folder with the pmdg navdata folder.What is this version? a new version? or just an update? because i already have the 2010 edition but i bought it on maddog website at the tome of this topic.