Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ideoplastic

Entering accurate elevator trim settings

Hello everyone

How does one enter an accurate elevator trim setting in the T7. In the NGX you get a display on the trim wheel that shows the trim setting,

I have not been able to find same on the T7. Advice appreciated.

Regards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, you don't need to be accurate. I assume you're trying to match the FMC computed stab trim for take off. If it says 4.5, setting 4.42 and 4.57 are going feel practically the same at rotation. That's why the stab band doesn't have numeric readout.

But, if it really matters to you, you can read the exact stab trim on the FTCL page.

to add to the post above. use the keys on the numpad number 7 and 1 to set the stabilizer trim to the needed one. you have to set it corectly, otherwise you get a warning when spooling up the engage for TO

to add to the post above. use the keys on the numpad number 7 and 1 to set the stabilizer trim to the needed one. you have to set it corectly, otherwise you get a warning when spooling up the engage for TO

I think the config warning only sounds if the stab is outside the green band?

Yes I always try to match it to the FMC indicated Trim. Will re-read the FTCL page, must have missed it first time round.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Regards

It doesn't get set that "accurately" in real life either. In fact the real FCTL page shows it in .25 increments, which is something that was already fixed for SP1. We had it showing .01 increments, which is actually far more accurate than the real airplane is.

There is no trim wheel in big Boeings. In all big Boeings (except the 747-400 and 747-8), there is a trim handle where the wheel normally belongs (left of the throttles).

In real life we never display the FCTL page to set the trim that precise, we just look at the stabilizer posición indicator on the pedestal while setting the trim value that we are looking for and that is it...