Sign in to follow this  
AzN1337c0d3r

Deceleration circles not showing up?

I've noticed that if you dont program manual speed restrictions into the legs page and simply use the SPD TRANS or SPD RESTR on the VNAV DES page, the green circles don't show up on the ND.

Of course, when you approach 10000 feet, VNAV does level off the plane to decelerate as if the circles were there.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?

It's a mixed bag for me. Sometimes the green dots show up, sometimes they don't. I simply select a STAR, the applicable transition, and the ILS Approach + Runway. I don't understand the circumstances for this behaviour. 

Aamir Thacker

It's not a 737, the 777 has none indicating when to decel prior to landing in real life.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

It's not a 737, the 777 has none indicating when to decel prior to landing in real life.

Looks like you didnt read the original post. This isn't just prior to landing, this is descent. Check out page 906 on FCOMv2. It indicates shows 2 green unidentified deceleration circles occur at transition altitude.

I thought that was only in a off path decent situation.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I thought that was only in a off path decent situation.

What you are thinking off are the big Blue and White energy management circles that indicate the Clean and Drag Required paths.

The ones I'm describing are the little green circles like the T/C and T/D circles, but these are unlabeled. 

The 777 does not display deceleration circles at "transition altitude". (I assume you meant the global speed limit here, there's no required slowing at transition altitude at least in most countries - it's 240/10000 by default)

If you have no speed restrictions on your VNAV path then this is correct - you'll see nothing but T/C and E/D.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Sorry

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

If you have no speed restrictions on your VNAV path then this is correct - you'll see nothing but T/C and E/D.

Could you clarify this a little bit more please? Does this mean if I program something into the SPD RESTR field in the VNAV DES page, this little green circles will show up? Because I could not get that to work either.

Hi Guys, it is strange for me as well. So I did some investigations. It seems that all real Boeing NDs draw the double green circles on FL 100 even the 777 (I checked videos for 777, 747). So it should be implemented for pmdg 777 as well I think.

PMDG 777 is a fantastic development I hope it will be fixed soon to be the same as the real one! :)

3 * B777 NDs photo. All have the green circles at FL100.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1yumn3u6an6ipl/777%20has%20decel%20circles%20FL100%202.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulhxgvqr7ibvkfn/777%20has%20decel%20circles%20FL100.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7uoc7pjk0e8dkk/777%20has%20decel%20circles%20FL100%203.jpg?dl=0

Please, write if I am mistaken. I am really interestin on this topic.

I cannot see any sences why Boeing would not apply this only on T7.

Regards, Balazs

The unlabelled deceleration circles are certainly mentioned and depicted in the FCOM

ki9cAAb.jpg

Gents,

If you have concrete proof (particularly that of the FCOM, etc), submit it at the link in my signature, please.

Kyle Rodgers

I have reached out to a friend who is on the B777 fleet at Emirates who has confirmed there is always two decelation points (circles) shown on the ND. One marking where deceleration from DES speed to the transition level SPD/ALT (default: 240:/10000) begins, and another showing where that speed will be achieved. These are displayed no differently than other waypoint/constraint based deceleration points (circles).

I submitted a ticket last night with references/documentation.

Hopefully a easy addition for the next update!

I have reached out to a friend who is on the B777 fleet at Emirates who has confirmed there is always two decelation points (circles) shown on the ND. One marking where deceleration from DES speed to the transition level SPD/ALT (default: 240:/10000) begins, and another showing where that speed will be achieved. These are displayed no differently than other waypoint/constraint based deceleration points (circles).

I submitted a ticket last night with references/documentation.

Hopefully a easy addition for the next update!

I opened a ticket last week with the FCOM references I mentioned earlier. Ryan told me it was already in the bug tracker.

ki9cAAb.jpg