Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

What happened to Eiresim?

Their forums show that they've been spammed to death, so I expect they're in the throes of either rebuilding a more resilient and secure site, or they're down at the pub, knocking back a few Guinness's and asking themselves "Is it really worth it?" :drinks:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have purchased Shannon for FSX directly from Eiresim. After installation and register to the registry the scenery starts to load and during loading

about 6% FSX crashes. After deactivation withhin the scenery.cfg FSX loads as usual.

Hi Roger,

Am not sure if this will help you, but I had a similar problem some time ago with FS9 crashing at about 6% when loading Eiresim's Shannon. The problem then, if I remember correctly, was a conflicting terrain file from another addon.  I am not sure if the same thing applies to your problem with FSX, but do you have any other addons for this area or Ireland in general (payware or freeware)? I run EINN in FSX with no problems.

Bill

Dear Bill

Thanks for your Support.

So far I do not have known other terrain files for Ireland. I have FTX Global Base and Vector. Vector can not be disabled in the scenery.cfg but all Global base Folders which I did.

No success.  I also Change the Terrain.cfg to an older one before EINN Installation with also no success.

I should really know the files among thousends of sim files who can corrupt EINN folders. Support, this I expect from EIRESIM but their Forum is no more active and mails to their Support are no more answered. Have a look to their Forum. A lot of different Topics but no answer from somebody. Several threads are full of products out of FSSim questionaries. 

The responsible designer Terry can not be contactet in no way .

They only collect money. But support and help !!!! 

with regards Roger

So far I do not have known other terrain files for Ireland. I have FTX Global Base and Vector. Vector can not be disabled in the scenery.cfg but all Global base Folders which I did.

No success. I also Change the Terrain.cfg to an older one before EINN Installation with also no success.

Hi again Roger,

If FSX crashes at 6% it seems almost certain to be a terrain issue - I loaded EINN last night and certainly on my set up terrain is still loading at 6%. I am not sure what you meant by changing your terrain cfg, that is something that I don't think I have ever done but perhaps it is relevant to your problem.

With regard to FTX Global, I have that too as well as FTX Ireland and I had no issues with Eiresim EINN related to either of these although I did have issues between FTX Ireland and Eiresim EIDW and EICK. These however were resolved by deactivating the landclass files that came with EIDW and EICK . The other thing that crossed my mind is whether or not you have Ultimate Terrain Europe installed? If so, it might be worth trying to deactivate that in case it is in some way to blame.

WIth regards to Eiresim, it is very wrong that they are still selling products and yet offer absolutely no support. At the very least, if they are continuing to sell products, the lack of support should be made clear by the seller before you commit to buying.  I am surprised at this as when I have needed support from them in the past (a couple of years ago) it was very good and fast from Terry, but looking at their website a few weeks ago, it was a mess! I note that both SimMarket and the Flight Sim Pilot Shop are still selling these but their is no mention of lack of support!

It is a shame, as Eiresim EINN is actually very good! I particularly like EINN as it was my local airport when I was young and used to spend many hours hanging out there as a kid! Indeed, once I learned to fly in the real world I flew light aircraft in and out of their many times and I continue to do so in FSX now.

Anyway these are just some more possible ideas, as I can share your frustration when something like this happens - you keep wanting to come back to it until it is sorted!

Bill

Dear Bill

Have thanks for your response.

I also deactivated and removed Shannon-EINN-LC but still Sim crashes.

In this case I did not purchase EINN from Simmarket as usual I purchased this addon

direkt from their own shop.

Anyway and anyhow I think this purchase I have to written off.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend from Switzerland

Roger

Thank you Roger,

Sorry I could not have been of more help. If I have any more ideas I will let you know as it is a good airport addon. Have a good weekend too!

Bill

Folks,

Apologies for the lack of support/forum issues. I have had a number of personal issues over the past  2 years or so but this of course is not excuse when there are paying customers with issues. Since development has as good as stopped with Eiresim, I plan to consolidate existing products by fixing outstanding issues.Please find below a message I have posted on the now spam free forum:

"Hi Folks,

As I'm sure most of you will have recognised, the forum has fallen foul to some serious spamming over the past 6 months or so. This is partly due to a lack of maintenance on my behalf (due to various reasons outside of my control). 

I am in the process of cleaning up the forum and hope to have this exercise complete over this weekend. I am deleting what I suspect to be spam accounts so apologies if I mistakenly delete a genuine user (sometimes it is very difficult to spot the difference!) At that stage I will endeavor to follow up all posts I have mislaid due to the spam and solve/resolve all (or far as possible) outstanding issues.

On a plus side you will have noticed that Belfast City was released last week and I will be setting up a sub-section also for the relevant support.

There will also be a full update on Belfast due this Sunday evening (Irish time) to resolve some minor issues and make the airport fully compatible with Orbx Northern Ireland.

Finally I would also like to welcome Ross to the Eiresim team. Ross was entirely responsible for the development of Belfast and I think you'll agree he done a great job.

Thanks again people for your support and apologies again for the spamming of the forum

Terry"