Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

More Problems with T7 - Climbing Performance Poor

First here are my details (and yes the units are right), this plane barely climbs out.. crawling up at 200 - 300 fpm.. this is not right.

KSAN to EGLL (BAW 272)

FUEL - 71903KG

LEVEL - 49.4%

GROSS WEIGHT - 274,100KG

TOCG - 28.4%

ZFW - 202,200KG

I am doing a departure from KSAN now.. at BROWS, she's just got over 4,000 feet and still hasn't hi 240 knots, in fact not even clean at this point (FLAPS 1).

This should not be a problem.. why won't she climb!?

THR REF LNAV VNAV.... CLB thrust indicated with 93.1N1 trim steady about 3.0 btw..

Just to make sure it wasn't a weight issue I thought I'll strip out all the weight.. still won't climb.. I went a step further and took out half the fuel.. won't climb.. I took more out.. won't climb..

In the last picture.. I am carrying.. a grand total of 5,000KG of fuel.. but she won't climb..

Can someone shed light on this?  I am at a loss now..  I have never struggled with any other plane before.. and look at the pitch angle.. she's flying nose down!?  Even when I manually fly the performance is terrible.. something is wrong here surely!?

Cheers

Craig Read

Craig Read, EGLL

I was thinking the same thing but 26c is no big deal, you have heavy 777's departing out of Doha & Dubai in 49c during the summer without any problems.

To the OP, something definitely corrupt since the aircraft is flying nose down.

Rob Prest

The one time I had a problem with slow climbs with PMDG aircraft, when I looked at the aircraft externally, the gear wasn't up. You sure you're landing gear is retracted?

The one time I had a problem with slow climbs with PMDG aircraft, when I looked at the aircraft externally, the gear wasn't up. You sure you're landing gear is retracted?

Did you look at his screenshots? the PFD or gear handle?

Rob Prest

TAT 26c???????

As Rob said, a TAT of 26° C is quite normal at 5000 feet. I fly almost exclusively out of OMDB in the 777 with AS2012 weather and I've seen it go as high as 44° C in the summer at these altitudes. The 777 is able to cope with this just fine, even when fully loaded.

Looking at those pictures, something is definitely wrong with the plane. Your cockpit configuration looks fine to me.

I reckon you should open a ticket with PMDG tech support. They are very good and usually answer within a few hours. If your issue still isn't fixed, maybe you should consider re-installing the 777.

Regards.

I have seen this... IIRC, its the panel state that is bust.

I will try a completely fresh flight then.. and see if that's any better... I am finding it on another saved flight out of Heathrow too.. it's flying around nose down.. I will delete the saves and do a new flight with the same data.. and get back

Cheers

Craig Read

Craig Read, EGLL

This has something to do with FSUIPC assignments if I remember correctly. The gear is "up" but the PMDG code thinks it's down. Do a search for Google search for "PMDG nose down" and you'll find what you are looking for. It caught NGX users as well.

If that's the case shouldn't it be considered a major bug? Shirley Vlo would be displayed on the PFD and some form of gear disagree would be on the EICAS

Rob Prest