Sign in to follow this  
oqvist

OMG! Watch this all VC junkies.

>I'm extremely underwhelmed.Spoken like somebody who has never used TrackIR.If you can't see the benefit of being able to adjust your view the way Vector Technology does then I'm not sure there is hope for you. :-lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Yeah me too. This will probably help to convert even more to TrackIR because you don

No support for Pacific Fighters?Are you sure? I thought that was one of their main selling points?Also, I thought this was going to be a free patch. DOH!

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Yeah Edimensional jumped the gun. There will still be TrackIR support but not 6dof support according to Oleg Maddox. Seem to be quite a lot of work converting all the cockpits for this game. BOB will support it though but that is 2006 or something.But naturalpoint say that the number of supported games in next year will increase with more than the double and that the majority of those will have 6dof support. Though PF and earlier IL 2 games it seems not if not Oleg Maddox change his mind. I am sure he would like it to be implemented but perhaps to much work. No no free patch it needs some new thingie to put on your TrackIR hat or whatever hat you are wearing :)

Guest victorwest

Well I added Track IR to my Christmas list so I hope I get one! :-) Victor

I have to admit, close to $50 for:1. a $1 clip.2. a software update3. a hat (I hate wearing hats while playing video games)Is really a disappointment.Good news?I have never had it so I'll never miss it! :)

Ark

Maybe watching some videos of the system in action will convince me. I just foresee too many problems I'd likely encounter like-Leaning forward to reach the keyboard (behind the yoke) only to have the view spin uncontrollably-Leaning to the side to read charts-Looking to one side will obviously mean that the monitor is no longer in my FOV. Maybe if I attach the monitor to my head as well it would work better :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

>Maybe watching some videos of the system in action will>convince me. I just foresee too many problems I'd likely>encounter like>>-Leaning forward to reach the keyboard (behind the yoke) only>to have the view spin uncontrollably>>-Leaning to the side to read charts>>-Looking to one side will obviously mean that the monitor is>no longer in my FOV. Maybe if I attach the monitor to my head>as well it would work better :-lolHi There You do do not look very far to one side you move your head maybe a couple of inches to pan around to the side of the cockpit,Try this , looking straight a your monitor turn your head two inchesCan you still see your monitor? have a look at the vids on the Track IR sitehttp://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/products/video.htmlTrust me it works really wellhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/99930.gif

Guest wildfire563

Just so you know, I am thinking of purchasing it, however, I am worried; What happens when you turn your head to look at the key board? I assume nothing, it just shows a silly view, but who cares I'm not looking at the monitor anyway, but it must recenter right away when I look up again. Does it? I don't think it will spin out of control as I assume the view does not have any control over the airplane???How do you zoom?Does it only work in VC?What happens in non-vc cockpits, like the Vistaliner 727?Thanks,Thomas