Sign in to follow this  
Magpie22

More Tutorials please

Hello,

Just my thoughts on the two tutorials supplied by PMDG, I like them. They have been a good insight into learning about this aircraft albeit scratching the surface. What I like about the tutorials is the way they are presented, user friendly, its a bit of a journey of learning along the way with the possibly of picking up good flying habits. Cross referencing to FCOM's is a good idea because it gets you into the habit of reading the Boeing manuals that are supplied.  If more Tutorials were made (even with a small fee) the opportunities would be endless. I realise there are other platforms for training out there but I like tutorials so if PMDG read this "More tutorials please".

Regards,

Magpie

If more Tutorials were made (even with a small fee) the opportunities would be endless. I realise there are other platforms for training out there but I like tutorials so if PMDG read this "More tutorials please".

Regards,

Magpie

Hello Magpie,

You can get all the tutorials and instruction on the NGX or 777, that you could ever need, by enrolling in the Angle of Attack courses.

These courses are very detailed, enjoyable and comprehensive, yet quite affordable.

Go to  http://www.flyaoamedia.com/   and have a look.

Bob

Probably not gonna happen, as PMDG "just" want to get you started with their tutorials, and then go on building hotfixes, servicepacks, versions 2.0 ... and even new planes!!!

The PMDG B744 tutorials (4 of them) are still excellent stuff: It's a different plane with different specifications and characteristics, but there'e still a lot to learn from them (especially when considering familiarity between those different Boeing FMCs and autoflight features like LNAV, VNAV and so on).

You can also search the web for other Boeing tutorials (the B767 may bear some more resemblance with the 737NG as they are both less automated than the 747-400).

If more Tutorials were made (even with a small fee) the opportunities would be endless. I realise there are other platforms for training out there but I like tutorials so if PMDG read this "More tutorials please".

I'm always looking for ideas on what to record on my YouTube channel.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm always looking for ideas on what to record on my YouTube channel.

On how  to put your name in the signature box :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Kyle should make a video on how to read the manuals!   :lol:

Good one but the only thing  wrong with kyle  doing  that is  that the forum would dry up with posts

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On how  to put your name in the signature box

haha - sadly, I'd still find a way to make that 40 minutes long...

Kyle should make a video on how to read the manuals!  

I've done one on why you should, but not how...

Good one but the only thing  wrong with kyle  doing  that is  that the forum would dry up with posts

That's something that people assert pretty often, but I'd say that couldn't be further from the truth.  I took advanced calculus in high school, and a higher level of calc at university, but there was still more to learn and discuss at the university level.  Having people read the manuals wouldn't dry the forum; rather, I'd assert that it would open the forum up for more educated levels of discussion.

Instead of the knowledgeable people getting tied up with and burnt out of the same "why doesn't the AP alarm shut off" every day, people might be asking "how do you properly handle this situation," or "how do you best utilize the automation to assist in meeting ATC restrictions?"

The video above explains my viewpoints a little more in depth.

Kyle Rodgers