Sign in to follow this  
Bondiblu2

Which P3D to Choose

Hi Everyone!

Looking for some opinions/suggestions/advise:  I plan to migrate from FSX to P3D   I notice on P3D's website that I have the option of 3 licenses.   I want to try out P3D, first.  Will the $9 license for developers give me full access to the P3D that is similar to that of FSX?   And if I load Airbus X Extended, will it fly like FSX?  Or must I purchase the Professional license that costs $199 to do that?  Will using Windows 8.1 - 64 bit be an issue?

Also, is the version 2 already released?  I've read elsewhere that should you purchase the preceding version that you would have to purchase an entirely new license.  Is there any truth to that?  Thx for your help >> Warren >> W8.1  >> Current FSX user - but for how long??

All three versions are functionally identical, so which license you choose is up to you. The next version (v2.0) is a separate, new license, just as it was moving from FS9 to FSX.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I would suggest you wait and see what are the comments/reviews/advises/feedback from simmers who will be using P3D V2.0 at released and see what they think about it since you will have to pay for it.

It may be holy grail/fantastic new top of the line sim., or it may not live to the expectations that some think V2.0 will be, waiting a little to make up your mind after V2.0 is released can't hurt, can it?

I'd wait for v2.0 - to be released before the end of the year - before buying a license.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I am looking for the same thing and cannot decide, I did email P3d about which one to choose but they never replied back. Guess wait for 2.0

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I think it is also only fair to keep in mind that unlike many software houses, Lockheed-Martin offers an extremely liberal refund policy for those who're truly unhappy with Prepar3D... B)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Everyone!

Looking for some opinions/suggestions/advise:  I plan to migrate from FSX to P3D   I notice on P3D's website that I have the option of 3 licenses.   I want to try out P3D, first.  Will the $9 license for developers give me full access to the P3D that is similar to that of FSX?   And if I load Airbus X Extended, will it fly like FSX?  Or must I purchase the Professional license that costs $199 to do that?  Will using Windows 8.1 - 64 bit be an issue?

Also, is the version 2 already released?  I've read elsewhere that should you purchase the preceding version that you would have to purchase an entirely new license.  Is there any truth to that?  Thx for your help >> Warren >> W8.1  >> Current FSX user - but for how long??

Well Warren, I use P3D since version 1.3, when it appeared the Academic version today use version 1.4, which was free.

I am ready to buy the 2.0 version (we'll see how much it costs), the same thing happened when there FS9 and FSX released.

My experience with P3D has been very rewarding.

I think you should wait to buy V 2.0 , I believe will not regret it.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos