Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

NEW! POSKY/SkySpirit-PSS Boeing 777-300ER Merge Package!

Mike,

My fuel load is at 47890 gallons, payload is at 86150 (which is too high for a 77W I think), which will put me at 777007 lbs.

I used 750000 for the pitch_MOI

The bouncing usually starts around when I'm climbing over 15000 feet regardless of rate of climb.

Yep, I'm using the same aircraft.cfg file and air file that came with Nandan's merge.

Is there anything you can do to help?

Thanks,

skyzethelimit92

My fuel load is at 47890 gallons, payload is at 86150 (which is too high for a 77W I think), which will put me at 777007 lbs.

I used 750000 for the pitch_MOI

The bouncing usually starts around when I'm climbing over 15000 feet regardless of rate of climb.

Yep, I'm using the same aircraft.cfg file and air file that came with Nandan's merge.

Hi, skystheimit610,

I just tried a flight at just below max takeoff weight.  I'm not seeing any bouncing -- a very slight amount of rocking, but the air is a bit choppy. 

750,000 pitch_MOI is a very big change, and is probably too low, as the setting it came with is 11,500,000.   I would try something more like 8,000,000.  It is even possible that increasing this number above 11,500,000 might work.

Let us know what happens, and, as Kevin said,  stay under max gross weight!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Has any been able to get the lights fully working with this merge? I have been able to add on the new light but I don't get the animation that comes with it :(

Hi to all, aside from the merge package download, what else do I need to download/buy in order for this to fully work? (my apologies, I'm just new to the FS9 PSS platform...)

I just ran in to this section because I need a platform to train myself upon, I work as a second officer for Philippine Airlines, and they are transferring us 747 dudes to our 777-300ER fleet...

and if it's not too much trouble, direct links (or similar) to the other needed files and other instructions for installing will be much appreciated

much thanks

is this the one that I should buy before I can use this merge? thanks

Hi, Hans_Christian,

Yes this is the correct file.  However I am a bit surprised that you are looking for a merge, given that you want to learn the 777-300ER.  The former PSS company's simulation comes with a 777-300ER -- I don't see why a merged version would help you learn it, and it might actually be less realistic.

I also want the point out that PMDG has just released a 777-300ER.  It is much more complex, has a much better working FMC, simulates many different types of failures, and, as far as I can tell, is far more accurate.  It is quite a bit more expensive -- @ $120.00 (you have to buy the 777-200LR for $90 to get the 777-300ER for an additional $30.00.)  You also need to switch to FSX, which might involve upgrading your computer.  But it seems to me, short of using a professional full-motion simulator, the PMDG is the best thing around.  Definitely more costly but far more sophisticated.  Bear in mind that the PSS (now sold by Just Flight) is from 2006, while the PMDG version is from two weeks ago and is very actively supported.  Among other things, it doesn't include IAPs in its database, and its FMC sometimes won't load all the SIDs and STARs in its database.

You should also know that Blackbox Simulation also sells the same former PSS 777.  Some of the former PSS people are now connected with Blackbox.  But they don't seem interested in developing the 777 further.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find a good FDE for Skyspirit 777-300ER for a long time. I had tried quite a few out there already but none of them seem to work fine for me.

I just found this merge and thought I'll give the FDE a try and found that I could finally land this beautiful aircraft smoothly. But I'm really having a lot of troubles during take off and climbing. I'm not sure is it because I'm using FSX with JB777 panel rather than using FS9 with PSS panel.

So for I take off with,

gross weight: 710000 pounds

flaps 15

trim 6

using TOGA

while I speed down the runway, before I reached take off speed the nose will slowly pulled up automatically somehow and lead to tail strike. And I tried it again with same setting, but this time I pulled the nose down my self then rotate until I reached take off speed which I barely just took off right before the end of runway...

After I took off, my climb rate was around 1200fpm with speed of 250knots in order keep my nose 10degs up. While continue climbing up, I then increased my speed to 300knots with same climb rate and 5degs nose up.

I found that I will gradually loose speed rather than keeping my speed.

So I'm just wondering is it possible that the engines are not providing enough power? I don't have this trouble with the other FDE but I really love the smooth landing getting from this FDE. Hope there is a solution for this.

Thank you guys!  

I've been trying to find a good FDE for Skyspirit 777-300ER for a long time. I had tried quite a few out there already but none of them seem to work fine for me.

I just found this merge and thought I'll give the FDE a try and found that I could finally land this beautiful aircraft smoothly. But I'm really having a lot of troubles during take off and climbing. I'm not sure is it because I'm using FSX with JB777 panel rather than using FS9 with PSS panel.

This isn't really about the PSS-POSKY OR Skyspirit merge, as you are not using the PSS panel.  The FDEs described in this thread are designed for the PSS panel and FS9.

The JB Panel comes with detailed instructions on which FDE to use with it and how to modify it. It is designed for the -200LR and -300ER.  It uses Opensky Service Pack D, available here:

http://poskyarchive.com/category/boeing/b777-300/

Have you followed these setup instructions?

Alternatively, you might consider purchasing the PMDG 777-200LR and -300ER.  They work very well, but will set you back @ $120.00 and may require a good deal of tweaking of FSX.  However there is plenty of support available from PMDG and from other users on their forums.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Hans_Christian,

Yes this is the correct file.  However I am a bit surprised that you are looking for a merge, given that you want to learn the 777-300ER.  The former PSS company's simulation comes with a 777-300ER -- I don't see why a merged version would help you learn it, and it might actually be less realistic.

I also want the point out that PMDG has just released a 777-300ER.  It is much more complex, has a much better working FMC, simulates many different types of failures, and, as far as I can tell, is far more accurate.  It is quite a bit more expensive -- @ $120.00 (you have to buy the 777-200LR for $90 to get the 777-300ER for an additional $30.00.)  You also need to switch to FSX, which might involve upgrading your computer.  But it seems to me, short of using a professional full-motion simulator, the PMDG is the best thing around.  Definitely more costly but far more sophisticated.  Bear in mind that the PSS (now sold by Just Flight) is from 2006, while the PMDG version is from two weeks ago and is very actively supported.  Among other things, it doesn't include IAPs in its database, and its FMC sometimes won't load all the SIDs and STARs in its database.

You should also know that Blackbox Simulation also sells the same former PSS 777.  Some of the former PSS people are now connected with Blackbox.  But they don't seem interested in developing the 777 further.

Mike

I see, much thanks for the reply sir

I'm a predominant FS9 user, though I have a copy of FSX here, my equipment here still can't handle it... and the 120 bucks for the PMDG 777 is way too steep for me, and our flight training division here said to me this morning that I may not be flying the 777 for a long time anyway since they project us to be upgraded to first officers by next year...

still sir, much thanks for the reply, helps me out a lot... I think I'll get the PSS one for this, then install the merge on this thread (so that I'll have two choices that I can decide as to which will be more helpful), so that I can prepare myself better for our full motion simulator sessions to get the type rating

hans

Hi, thank you for this file. I appreciate your work. However, I'm baffled with a takeoff problem.

Basically, the plane won't lift off until about 190-200kts at reasonable weights. (Last takeoff was around 670-680k lbs or so.) Even when i use higher trim settings the plane will rotate ok yet it just does a huge wheelie until it barely gets off the ground at the end of the runway!

-I'm using flaps 5, full TO power

-Iv'e put in the correct CG

Just can't put my finger on the problem. My flight parameters look nothing out the ordinary.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! 

Basically, the plane won't lift off until about 190-200kts at reasonable weights. (Last takeoff was around 670-680k lbs or so.) Even when i use higher trim settings the plane will rotate ok yet it just does a huge wheelie until it barely gets off the ground at the end of the runway!

-I'm using flaps 5, full TO power

-Iv'e put in the correct CG

Hi, AAFrench7,

Are you flying the 300ER or a different version?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2