Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

NEW! POSKY/SkySpirit-PSS Boeing 777-300ER Merge Package!

Today I made another flight with the B77W. I had the same, in my eyes, issue with the rapid accelerated speed. I departed RWY 30R and climbed with 101.9 (reduced) and CLB2 selected.

But after a few seconds constant climb towards my first INTL CLB altitude I already passed 250kt. So I pulled up a bit to engange VNAV. After engaging VNAV it seems its working fine.

Here are my values for the flight:

Payload: 36670kg

Fuel: 58800kg

ZFW: 204.5

V1: 151

Vr: 161

V2: 167

TRIM during TO: 7,15

Another thing:

When using AES the gear is sinking in the ground. After the truck is away and has released my aircraft it's fine again. Check the pic below.

Greetings Eddi :smile:

Today I made another flight with the B77W. I had the same, in my eyes, issue with the rapid accelerated speed. I departed RWY 30R and climbed with 101.9 (reduced) and CLB2 selected.

But after a few seconds constant climb towards my first INTL CLB altitude I already passed 250kt. So I pulled up a bit to engange VNAV. After engaging VNAV it seems its working fine.

Hi, Clocki,

Haven't had a chance to try with your weights, so this is just off the cuff.  101.9 is not much of a reduced thrust.  You can reduce it further either by using Takeoff-1 or entering an assumed temperature (or both).

When you take off, you should maintain your target speed by raising the nose as much as necessary.  The flight director horizontal bar should give good guidance (it has to be turned on).  This is the same thing that VNAV does - it maintains constant thrust, first the selected takeoff thrust, then at a predetermined altitude the selected climb thrust.  It raises the nose to maintain the target speed showing in the PFD upper right. 

However for the first few hundred feet you need to do this manually, until you are high enough to engage the autopilot.

Don't know about the AES issue as I don't have it.  Why not just use the Opensky/Skyspirit pushback truck?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Everyone, please note that this aircraft comes with 0 (zero) payload, so to get it to a high gross weight, you need to add lots of fuel or add a reasonable payload.  Be sure to take a look in the FSX Aircraft>Fuel and Payload tab to see what your gross weight is (should also show in the CDU PERF page but the FSX tab is more reliable since the CDU entries have to be set properly).

Once you have loaded your payload onto the aircraft, press the "REQUEST" button on the CDU PERF page. This should fill in all the info i.e. the ZFW etc automatically. You shouldn't need to manually do the calculation and shouldn't have to manually put in the numbers. 

Just a tip  ^_^

Regards,

Nandan

Hi AirKevin thanx for your help well I got it to work thanx again for your help. :good:

After some flights on the B772 I'm joining the B773 with Air Canada again. I just recognized a little "problem" which is more cosmetic then affecting the flight itself.

When departing and flying on my CRZ level after a while the nose of the plane is going up. Let's say after 10min cruise we have the nose up with 0,5°. After 2hrs I had around 2,5° and now after 4,5hrs it's ca. 3°-3,5°.

It has nothing to do with payload as the nose is going up when I'm "loosing" fuel. If I add fuel the nose is going down again.

Maybe there is a value we can change as it does not look real with the nose up maybe 5° after a 10hrs flight :P

Happy New Year!!

Greetings Eddi :smile:

Hey I''m not sure If it's my simulator or if it's the aircraft but whenever I'm using the aircraft the Esc button, pushback and the F buttons don't work. I really love this aircraft but I want to be able to use reverse thrust :( when I land and I can't do it for manually from my pedestal. I tried to use this from a short flight from KATL-KRDU.

I apologize for the I inconvenience. Somehow my simulator deleted all my key actions. Problem solved.

Having an issue during climbing... why does it bounce up and down when it isn't supposed to be doing so?

Hi, Skysthelimit610,

Is this with the 300ER?  This was an issue for some people with the 200ER, but I haven't seen this for the 300ER. 

There is a lot on fixing bouncing for the 200ER in this thread.  It involves changing some numbers in the aircraft.cfg file -- be sure to back up the original before you change them!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/392445-new-poskyskyspirit-pss-boeing-777-200er-merge-packages/

Hope this helps!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Skysthelimit610,

Is this with the 300ER? This was an issue for some people with the 200ER, but I haven't seen this for the 300ER.

There is a lot on fixing bouncing for the 200ER in this thread. It involves changing some numbers in the aircraft.cfg file -- be sure to back up the original before you change them!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/392445-new-poskyskyspirit-pss-boeing-777-200er-merge-packages/

Hope this helps!

Mike

Yeah, this is for the 300ER. I just read the thread regarding the 200ER you attached, and if I change the numbers in the MOI sections, will that take care of the unrealistic oscillations during climb while flying the 300ER?

Hi, Skysthelimit610,

Is this with the 300ER? This was an issue for some people with the 200ER, but I haven't seen this for the 300ER.

There is a lot on fixing bouncing for the 200ER in this thread. It involves changing some numbers in the aircraft.cfg file -- be sure to back up the original before you change them!

Hope this helps!

Mike

Yeah, this is for the 300ER. I just read the thread regarding the 200ER you attached, and if I change the numbers in the MOI sections, will that take care of the unrealistic oscillations during climb while flying the 300ER?

if I change the numbers in the MOI sections, will that take care of the unrealistic oscillations during climb while flying the 300ER?

if I change the numbers in the MOI sections, will that take care of the unrealistic oscillations during climb while flying the 300ER?

I don't know -- haven't flown this 300ER much and didn't see that problem.  It seems to happen (with the 200ER) for some folks and not others.  But it can't hurt to try -- just be sure to back up your original aircraft.cfg file.  If I remember correctly, you want to lower the number - for you, since it is bouncing up and down (rather than rolling from side to side), you want to try the empty_weight_pitch_MOI.

Another thing to be aware of is that as installed, the aircraft has zero payload.  It probably also loads with max fuel, which is also unrealistic.  So adding a reasonable payload and fuel load might also help (using FS default pax and fuel window).

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I tried lowering the numbers of the empty_weight_pitch_MOI and nothing has changed; still bouncing up and down while climbing. What could possibly be the culprit?

I tried lowering the numbers of the empty_weight_pitch_MOI and nothing has changed; still bouncing up and down while climbing. What could possibly be the culprit?

Hi, skysthelimit610,

A couple of questions:

What is your fuel load, what is your payload, and what is your gross weight, as shown in FS9>Aircraft>fuel and payload? 

What number did you use for ...pitch_MOI? 

What are the conditions when the bouncing starts, such as altitude and rate of climb?

Finally, are you using the same aircraft.cfg file and air file that came with Nandan's merge?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2