Sign in to follow this  
davethewave2

Free weather until Xmas

Version 1.16 should fix your temperature problems.

Update from here.

http://www.fsopen.co.uk/software/openclouds/OpenClouds.msi

Yep! Reported accurately for me now.. Thank you!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Dave,

first of all I would also like to thank you for your generous gesture, I truly appreciate it. For me, since 1.16 I still get crazy temp readouts.

I just started a flight from Cleveland Hopkins (KCLE), time was 04 GMT and the temp was 75 and dewpoint -95!!! The metar I get from AOPA is:

• KCLE
    VFR
    764 MSL
  • 10:51 PM
    (19 minutes ago)
  •  220 @ 4 kts
    Visibility: 10.0
    OVC-7500
  • 27°/17°
    -2.8°/-8.3°

A3041

BTW, visibility, altimeter and clouds are all accurately reported and depicted.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Dave,

first of all I would also like to thank you for your generous gesture, I truly appreciate it. For me, since 1.16 I still get crazy temp readouts.

I just started a flight from Cleveland Hopkins (KCLE), time was 04 GMT and the temp was 75 and dewpoint -95!!! The metar I get from AOPA is:

• KCLE

VFR

764 MSL

• 10:51 PM

(19 minutes ago)

•  220 @ 4 kts

Visibility: 10.0

OVC-7500

• 27°/17°

-2.8°/-8.3°

A3041

BTW, visibility, altimeter and clouds are all accurately reported and depicted.

Cheers,

Pete

There working on the temp issue. Seems, if I understand things, its a P3Dv2 deal.

1. CTD Issues.

When you first start loading all the weather is injected in one go, this would cause fsx to be unresponsive for a bit depending on machince cpu. I experience similar on P3D but suspect this will be casuing the CTDs above.

Hope to slow down the initial injection in 1.17 today. Should fix CTD problem.

2. High Temperatures.

Most weather is injected at the weather stations that you can see on the map in the sim. Each station has an elevation, The larger airports all have a weather station close by, at a simliar but not necessarily the same height as the weather station.

As stated above, there is a fault where any time you send weather, even without setting the temp, a temperature layer is added at the height of the weather station at 75C and another one about 10C at great height. As you slew upwards your temp slowly drops from one to the other.

The fix I put in 1.16 yesterday adds another temp layer immediately above the weather station (one metre above), and others higher so the temp drops to well below freezing at height.

Where I tested this yesterday this seems to work fine.

I suspect the issue now is that where the weather station's height is below the airport you won't experience the bad layer, where the airport is lower then you will, perhaps only for the last few feet but probably all the time you are on the ground.

The other problem is that most small airports, and some larger airports don't have a weather station at all, I looked at one yesterday(U82) and the airport was 1500 feet below the nearest weather station, therefore the  temp was 75C for the first 1500 feet then suddenly dropped to -2C.

I'm going to do a bit more investigating today but for the moment I'd expect 50% of airports to be correct.

Will report back later.

I just started a flight from Cleveland Hopkins (KCLE), time was 04 GMT and the temp was 75 and dewpoint -95!!! 

Cheers,

Pete

Pete, I've just flown from there with no problems, I'm in the Robinson 22 as shift+6 gives you a panel with a nice temp gauge on, and I'm low to the ground.

The weather station is at 790 feet, and the airport 791 feet so I'd expected this to work fine.

Once the weather is set, choose world, weather, select userdefined then click customize.

Now select A specific weather station (Clealand-Hopkins is shown) and push advanced weather.

On the Temp/Pressure tab you will see a drop down box, with the layers in feet.

The first layer should be 790 and be very hot.

The second layer should be 793 and set correctly, around freezing today(Brrrr)

Anyway, when I hold shift+z in the Robinson it shows my altitude as 794.5 feet. I'm therefore above the first bad layer and sat 1.5 foot in the good layer.

Pete, please can you check the above and report back. 

Pete, I've just flown from there with no problems, I'm in the Robinson 22 as shift+6 gives you a panel with a nice temp gauge on, and I'm low to the ground.

The weather station is at 790 feet, and the airport 791 feet so I'd expected this to work fine.

Once the weather is set, choose world, weather, select userdefined then click customize.

Now select A specific weather station (Clealand-Hopkins is shown) and push advanced weather.

On the Temp/Pressure tab you will see a drop down box, with the layers in feet.

The first layer should be 790 and be very hot.

The second layer should be 793 and set correctly, around freezing today(Brrrr)

Anyway, when I hold shift+z in the Robinson it shows my altitude as 794.5 feet. I'm therefore above the first bad layer and sat 1.5 foot in the good layer.

Pete, please can you check the above and report back. 

Dave,

thanks for helping me out here. I followed your list on things to check and I'm currently sitting in KCLE on rwy 24L with the same results. The temp gauge in the Robinson reads 74.9 Celsius, and when I check tem/press in advanced weather I get (at the altitude 790 layer/first layer) a temp of 167 F and dew point of 167. Shift-Z reports above location at 794.5 feet.

My first layer, just like you said is the hot one at 167 F, my next layer however is 5997 ft and the temps and dp look realistic for that and all other upper layers. I don't have 793 ft layer though.

KCLE ATIS also reports 75 temp and dew point. I wonder if there's a problem with Fahrenheit vs. Celsius calculation? My "general; international" settings are set to "U.S. System (feet, inches)" with Latitude "Northern" and Longitude "Western".

Hope this helps,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Dave,

thanks for helping me out here. I followed your list on things to check and I'm currently sitting in KCLE on rwy 24L with the same results. The temp gauge in the Robinson reads 74.9 Celsius, and when I check tem/press in advanced weather I get (at the altitude 790 layer/first layer) a temp of 167 F and dew point of 167. Shift-Z reports above location at 794.5 feet.

My first layer, just like you said is the hot one at 167 F, my next layer however is 5997 ft and the temps and dp look realistic for that and all other upper layers. I don't have 793 ft layer though.

KCLE ATIS also reports 75 temp and dew point. I wonder if there's a problem with Fahrenheit vs. Celsius calculation? My "general; international" settings are set to "U.S. System (feet, inches)" with Latitude "Northern" and Longitude "Western".

Hope this helps,

Pete

Can you confirm if you are using fsuipc?

If so please try with it disabled.

Some further research.

2288 weather stations out of 4922 are at the same height or below their nearest airport. 

This means you'll get problems at 46% of airports.

What I notice though is that the weather stations are listed in a file and loaded at runtime.

I've modified the file and dropped every weather station by 100 feet. This should fix 99% of airports.

Download the file from http://www.fsopen.co.uk/software/openclouds/wxmapping.bin

The file replaces the existing version in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\weather

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL FILE FIRST

Once Lockheed Martin fix the bug you will be able to revert back to the original.

Note this is a temporary fix that will only work with open clouds as I've added an extra layer on top of the invalid layer.

Dave

Dave,

Sorry, it hasn't worked, even with the new bin.  I'm seeing 75C TAT 75C SAT ISA 58C at KJFK right now in the AXE.

Purchased to use with Prepar3d v2. Get a CTD every single time I try to load weather in to Prepar3D v2. Is anyone getting this to work at all?? I am using the latest  version as far as I can see, 1.6. I also use the latest registered version of FSUIPC.

Any help?

Mike  

....Sorry, I mean 1.16 of course

Mike

Hi Mike, It might be because your graphics settings are too high and your system can't cope with the extra load. If you turn your settings down does it still crash?

If it still crashes please confirm what cpu you have.

If you don't want to pursue this I am able to refund your purchase in full, if you want to do this please send me a private message with your email address registered with PayPal.

Dave.