Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Just Flight Revolution-X - this looks brilliant for UK Photo Scenery

RevolutionX, Shawbury Fields and Scilly Isles all playing together at last!

The problem was caused by the RevX developers changing the default.xml file in the  Autogen folder.   Although the original default.xml is backed up in the installation process (this backup is called Default.RXBack), the RevX replacement file appears to ignore the fact you might have other scenery installed other then the default, thereby preventing that scenery's proper operation.  In my Autogen folder the original default.xml file was 17,190kb, whilst the RevX replacement was just  7,413kb - it's pretty obvious by those sizes that something previously required is no longer there to do it's job.   I have received very useful assistance from Earth Simulations which has enabled me to fully get my Shawbury Fields and Scilly Isles back again and also even be able to run RevX.

If you are a genuine registered user of Earth Simulations products and have similar problems after installing RevX, then I recommend you contacting Darren and Vikki at ES via their support system.

Extra Trees

Even though I had both the buildings and the vegetation sliders at maximum in P3D2, I was finding Revolution X quite lacking in trees for the area around were I live. I have used a tweak from FSX days and it's worked very well indeed and has provided far more trees around.

Enter the following in the P3d.cfg file in [TERRAIN] and below Autogen_Vegetation_Density =5  next line down insert Terrain_Max_Autogen_Trees_Per_Cell=8000

Hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

Phil Murfin - Bakewell UK

I'm very excited about this product but what compatibility issues would it present to FTX Global? 

If there is none I get the whole package

I'm very excited about this product but what compatibility issues would it present to FTX Global? 

If there is none I get the whole package

I can't speak for the full Global package, but the Iceland demo did upset RevX eliminating most of the agn ... there may well be workarounds or fixes with the complete product.

This product sounds similar to France VFR's "revolutionary 3D Automation" regional VFR products, that provide extremely detailed autogen and custom buildings, bridges and other objects, closely accurate to reality.  These France VFR regional products are incompatible with FTX Global because of autogen conflicts that sound like the ones described above for Revolution X.

I intend to construct my European flightsim world around FTX Global + the upcoming FTX OpenLC Europe and compatible airports (e.g., those of Aerosoft), so incompatibity with FTX Global would be a killer for my plan.  However, if one intends to fly only  in the Revolution X Britain region, and not cross over the Channel to the Continent, then presumedly you could use this product by un-checking all of the FTX Global products when you are flying only in GB.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

.....presumedly you could use this product by un-checking all of the FTX Global products when you are flying only in GB.

I'm uncertain about this, as Global becomes your FSX/P3D default, does it not?... so you cannot turn it off.

Again, I say this having only tried the Global demo and am not sure if the system is the same as the full product... I would be interested to know the details myself, as FTX Global looks very appealing, but not if it upsets my other products too much.

I have been reading this thread with interest. One thing I have noticed in the photos and videos, is that there appear to be far to many 'white' buildings for the UK towns. What happened to red brick houses? Does Revelotion-X use its own autogen or default autogen models and/or is there any alternative models around that might eliminate the prolific use of white housing?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373