Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

A couple questions?

1. How do you set the barometer to 29.92 when you reach the appropriate altitude to switch? I have been just hitting the letter B but when it says the pressure isn't set for high altitude it won't switch to 2992 instead it stays at the pressure of where I am so I can never set it to 2992. 

2. How do you get rid of any route discontinuity in the FMC in your route? 

Per Forum Rules you need to sign your posts.

Search the FCOMs using the find feature of Adobe Reader. If you don't find it in the FCOMs, try the Indroduction or Tutorials 1 and 2.

Michael Cubine

Sorry I didn't see the thing about signing your name. If I need help in the future I guess I will go through the website. Thank you for answering the question though. 

How do you set the barometer to 29.92 when you reach the appropriate altitude to switch?

Tutorial #1

I have been just hitting the letter B but when it says the pressure isn't set for high altitude it won't switch to 2992 instead it stays at the pressure of where I am so I can never set it to 2992. 

I'd turn off flying tips, but see above in terms of how to force it to 29.92.

Tutorial #1, however, not all discontinuities are bad, particularly in the United States.

In the United States, very few routes are an unbroken magenta line from departure to destination.

Kyle Rodgers

You can do this by pressing the DEL key and then pressing the LSK (line select key) to the left of the discontinuity.