Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

What's not Needed in P3dv2

Anyone know what add-ons P3d has rendered obsolete or not necessary? 

I'm looking at a couple of utilities like FS Water Configurator and Shade (Im sure there are others) and wondering if they are even needed anymore?

RE Thomason Jr.

I'm wondering the same about REX textures

All I know is that the clouds look awfully FSX default so I am going to install REX for clouds (and maybe skies but that's it).

It's all about personal choice. All the following I have or have used in FSX.

My view is that ENB or SweetFX and shade are no longer required. REX or AS2012 cloud textures would be, with a caveat that the current cloud textures may cause some strange effects because they may not be fully compatible. Especially the fog. With the new HDR lighting, I'm uncertain if they would be too vibrant and make the scene a little too unrealistic. I have no personal experience yet, as I have not loaded any. Again, it will be down to individual preference. The same is true of the water. The current default water colours to me are the best I've seen and not sure how it would improve with 3rd party textures.

In all, the only thing that I would change are the clouds. Although when flying through them, they look and feel amazing the variety available and lack of contrast in them may benefit from what 3PD's offer.