Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

Trees and Taxiways issues in Orbx regions installed in P3D v2

Hello..

I tried to install the PNW region in P3D v2 with Estonia migration tool.. and seems he did it.. but when loading it in an airport of the region I have a crash to Desktop. So I have to first run an airport outside the region and then change to a PNW one.

Once there.. I see some tress with builiding textures.. and the taxiways below the ground. Only the lines of the taxi are seen.

For the trees there is a recomendation to lower the texture size go to sim, enter the options again and then up the size to the one we had.. but this don't work for me.

Does anyone fixed it?

Thanks!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Hello..

I tried to install the PNW region in P3D v2 with Estonia migration tool.. and seems he did it.. but when loading it in an airport of the region I have a crash to Desktop. So I have to first run an airport outside the region and then change to a PNW one.

Once there.. I see some tress with builiding textures.. and the taxiways below the ground. Only the lines of the taxi are seen.

For the trees there is a recomendation to lower the texture size go to sim, enter the options again and then up the size to the one we had.. but this don't work for me.

Does anyone fixed it?

Thanks!

Hi,

Follow this guide and you should be all set to get your airports working in Prepar3D v2:

http://tinyurl.com/ptqdlke

It's very straight forward and is pretty much guaranteed to get all your Orbx scenery running in P3Dv2 without the need for any migration tool.

Best regards,

Jerome

yes.. first I follow that tutorial.. and all was going good in install (but still I had the taxi and trees issue, that tried to solve it as the botton of the tutorial says.. but without luck).. So I tried to install the update for PNW.. and found that it DOESN'T have install for prepar3d 1.4. Sooooooo all there was useless because the patch was installed in FSX. So I bought Estonia migration tool.. That this time.. it applied me the patch in Prepar3D v2.. But still the same issue.

The taxi one also have in some airports imported from fsx... so it is a prepar3D v2 issue that don't know is fixable by us.. or need lockheed to do it.

yes.. first I follow that tutorial.. and all was going good in install (but still I had the taxi and trees issue, that tried to solve it as the botton of the tutorial says.. but without luck).. So I tried to install the update for PNW.. and found that it DOESN'T have install for prepar3d 1.4. Sooooooo all there was useless because the patch was installed in FSX. So I bought Estonia migration tool.. That this time.. it applied me the patch in Prepar3D v2.. But still the same issue.

The taxi one also have in some airports imported from fsx... so it is a prepar3D v2 issue that don't know is fixable by us.. or need lockheed to do it.

Hi,

No problem, we can fix that too. Follow these instructions:

Right-click anywhere on your Desktop and choose -> New -> Text Document. This will create a new text document on your Desktop.

Double-click on it to open it up and enter the following text if you have a 64-bit version of Windows:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0]
"SetupPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v2\\"

For a 32-bit Windows version enter this text:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0]
"SetupPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v2\\"

If you have Prepar3D v2 installed on another drive, or have a different directory structure to the above, then modify the above text accordingly. Save the document and close it. Right-click on the document and choose Rename, then rename it to fsxtop3dv2.reg and answer yes when asked if you want to rename it. 

Now double-click on fsxtop3dv2.reg and confirm with yes to add the contents to the registry.

Apply the Orbx patch that you mentioned in your message, it will now be copied into Prepar3D v2 as you wanted.

If you need to change the registry value for FSX back to the original, simply do this:

Right-click anywhere on your Desktop and choose -> New -> Text Document. This will create a new text document on your Desktop. Double-click on it to open it up and enter the following text if you have a 64-bit version of Windows:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0]
"SetupPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator X\\"

For a 32-bit Windows version enter this text"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0]
"SetupPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator X\\"

Save the document and close it. Right-click on the document and choose Rename, then rename it to p3dv2tofsx.reg and answer yes when asked if you want to rename it. Double-click on p3dv2tofsx.reg and confirm with yes to add the contents to the registry.

That's it, I hope that helps you out.

Best regards,

Jerome

I can't stress enough how bad of an idea it is to go changing or creating registry entries just to hamfist in scenery.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Follow these instructions

If an installer asks into which sim you want to install the addon (FSX or P3D) I suppose you should choose FSX...? And not P3D? Because this trick fools the PC into thinking that FSX is where P3D is. So if you tell the installer to install into P3D , it won't use these new registry entries.

Not that I am going to use this trick btw: I will wait for the new installers, not only for the installers themselves but also and mainly for the hopefully included updates and patches because clearly a lot of addons aren't really P3D 2.0 ready! You might be able to install the addon into P3D but that doesn't guarantee it will actually work!

I can't stress enough how bad of an idea it is to go changing or creating registry entries just to hamfist in scenery.

The issue is that without orbx pnw the pnw looks like poo even with ftxg and orbx is taking forever to update the installers I'll prolly just do a clean install once the real installers are released.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

If an installer asks into which sim you want to install the addon (FSX or P3D) I suppose you should choose FSX...? And not P3D? Because this trick fools the PC into thinking that FSX is where P3D is. So if you tell the installer to install into P3D , it won't use these new registry entries.

Not that I am going to use this trick btw: I will wait for the new installers, not only for the installers themselves but also and mainly for the hopefully included updates and patches because clearly a lot of addons aren't really P3D 2.0 ready! You might be able to install the addon into P3D but that doesn't guarantee it will actually work!

Hi Jeroen,

There is no "might be able to install", they will definitely install as outlined here:

Of course there is no guarantee about compatibility, logic dictates that sceneries that are already pretty much compatible with Prepar3D v2 have already seen a release of v2 installers, FSDT, Flightbeam for example.....

The "Follow these instructions" was only to help apply an FSX only patch, as per what the OP outlined in his message.

Best regards,

Jerome

Hi,

There is this myth that doing anything to the registry is dangerous and will result in a SNAFU. Any change to the registry that I described is fully reversible, and I've provided instructions for reversing this, so I fail to see how this would equate to a bad idea.

To me ignorance is way more dangerous than anything else :-)

Best regards,

Jerome

There is no "might be able to install", they will definitely install as outlined here:

Of course there is no guarantee about compatibility,

That's exactly what I meant to say. ^_^ I see the word 'might' was the wrong one here but that's what you get with a language that's not your native one. ^_^

I think the tree and taxi issues are p3D ones. Seems that others are having same problems not only with orbx sceneries.

I think the tree and taxi issues are p3D ones. Seems that others are having same problems not only with orbx sceneries.

The tree issue is not just an ORBX issue. I have tried installing NMG's South African FACT airport, installs fine, but then I get trees with building textures all over the place (textures change also every reload), Downsizing texture resolution and then back up again "appears" to fix the textures, but then after flying for a while, the building textures on trees come back. Have tried everything, but only disabling the airport in the scenery editor will make the wierd tree textures go away. I have FTXG installed, but even if I switch that off, the default trees do the same thing, so its not ORBX's problem.

I only have an Nvidia GTX 580 with 1.5Gb memory, so am left wondering if this is a VRAM limit issue (loads up as many textures as it can, fills VRAM, and then duplicates whatever it has loaded onto trees)? At the moment I can only buy a 2gb card, and don't want to do this unless this will fix the issue. Otherwise wondering if it could be related to certain add-on scenery using something textured that has ID/s that overlap with the default tree library's IDs? A pointer to this is it seems to affect Eucalyptus trees more often (so I guess in Aus, if I am right, the affect will be rather dramatic :lol:). Have to investigate further.

I did load a very complex airport (VTBS) and it seemed to have no problem with this issue, but then again Asian scenery has less eucalypt; so many variables to test this "bug" out on.

Anyhow, for now my P3D is dedicated to GA flying, so I will stay away from the big add-on airport sceneries for now. This Sim is wonderful for low and slow flying - just made for GA - so smooth! Just loving it!

Rob

Robin Harris

Rob, I had a lot of problems with the messed-up autogen textures, until I applied the cfg edits listed in the Learning Centre help. I think one of these brought the texture loading under control, and it really made my P3D perform brilliantly. If you haven't applied this fix, then I'd certainly recommend it.

Can you point to a link of that please?

Thanks

Can you point to a link of that please?

Thanks

The Learning Center? This is installed with P3D2, it should be on your Start menu or screen.

However, tonight I did have the autogen problem come back for a while, so I loaded up a performance monitor and watched what happened -- if the GPU maxed out, the autogen mixup would get worse. I must admit that I'd been exploring one particular scenery with full autogen, and started to have problems when I switched to another area. Pulling the settings back until the GPU was comfortable (under 80%) fixed it.

I have a suspicion about why a particular scenery overloads the GPU -- I'll have a look at this tomorrow.

In which area of the Learning Center is? I see graphics setup, but nothing to tweak the cfg or whatever....