Sign in to follow this  
Need-To-Know

P3D2-Orbx-My findings

If you are like me you might be wondering if Orbx "Non-Global" Scenery and Airports will work in P3d2. (not supported by Orbx BTW)

With the help of Jerome I got my Orbx to install and even patch in P3d2.

http://tinyurl.com/ptqdlke

My findings:

Works better for Scenery than it does for Airports.

1st - Airports: At least from the ones I own - You can see allot of bleed through of the P3d2 airport. In someways and on some airports no big deal really. Especially in Alaska. I put down the wavy bumps beside the runway as snow piled up by the snow plows.

What would be nice is to figure out how to disable those default airports or even if that is possible or a good idea.

2nd - Scenery: While the vast majority of the scenery looks Orbx great there are a few anomalies you have to over look. Like roads that are off and some crazy bumps the traffic goes over.

Bottom line depends on what you are after I suppose. I fly low and slow. I like seeing the shorelines that don't suck. And good trees with textures on the ground that are not so pixelated and repeating.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

For me FTX Global looked a lot better in FSX.  In P3d I am having alot of the land class issues others have reported where it looks like large blocks of "default FSX looking" textures are showing.  I downloaded it again today another 4.6GB wait since it was to have included the V1.1 update. No change for the landclass issue going to have to wait on a patch.

Based on my experience so far I'm not going to even try their regional packs or airports I have until official support is provided.  A bit of a bummer IMO.

RE Thomason Jr.

You can see allot of bleed through of the P3d2 airport.

Agree, hopefully Orbx fix this for the 1.2 update.  MSE has the same problem but not sure if MSE are planning to do any updates for P3Dv2.

There is actually a bug in FTXG 1.1 (to do with default landclass / textures) - a fix in apparently inbound shortly.