Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kazys

Microsoft Flight Simulator X freezes after 5 - 10min

Hi,

I have problem...When i start flight my fsx freezes after 5 - 10 min. while i'm doing cold and dark. Help!

Error information:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Hang
Date:          2013.12.07 20:40:30
Event ID:      1002
Task Category: (101)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Kazimieras
Description:
The program fsx.exe version 10.0.61637.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 2384
 Start Time: 01cef37a5fbd7f9e
 Termination Time: 152
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
 Report Id: 

Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-12-07T18:40:30.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>13374</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Kazimieras</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>
    <Data>2384</Data>
    <Data>01cef37a5fbd7f9e</Data>
    <Data>152</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:

Processor: i7 4770k 3.5ghz overclocked to 4.5ghz
Motherboard: Gigabite sniper n5
RAM: 4x 2 of Kingston total 8gb
VGA: Nvdia GTX 760 2gb

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For me this windows update crashed my FSX after a couple of minutes of flight:KB2670838

Try uninstalling that...

This event is generic and if you only one 1 or 2 of these types of freezes (event 1002), then it's not really a problem. If it occurs all of the time then you have a major problem. When setting up from Cold and Dark situations, there could be a component in the situation missing. If fsx cannot find it, it will freeze or crash. Does it occur when you start up the flight with the engines running? If the problem continues you might want to provide more information like what aircraft, what airport.

Best regards,

Make sure your hardware config is absolutely stable. If you use an overclocked CPU together with four populated RAM-Slots, you sometimes need to raise some voltages a bit. I had this issue on my Phenom II x4 @ 4,0 Ghz and 4 x 2 GB of RAM too, and found out the freezes went away after I applied slightly more than stock Northbridge voltage.

Can't speak for an i7 system though.....