Everything posted by Soulflight
-
MSFS update today....
DX11 works again. just a heads up :)
-
Inibuilds A350 - abysmal performance on short final
I have exactly the same issue with many complex aircraft. Do you use DX12?
-
MSFS2020 not starting, CTD at loading, no Nvidia app
581.42 breaks DX11 entirely for me. Ill try the next one once its released. my main problem is that under DX12 i get a lot more CPU load and therefore stuttering, the 5600x is simply not cut out for DX12, but runs DX11 quite fine.
-
MSFS2020 not starting, CTD at loading, no Nvidia app
I dont use it (anymore) since a few months already. In general all this flashy shiny gaming marketing stuff stays off my system. For settings there is profile inspector and thats it. ☺️ In general I wouldnt mind using DX12 but its more demanding and I have to reduce certain settings to be able to maintain good FPS. I have a 4060ti with 16GB VRAM and 32 GB system RAM and it gets completely eaten in DX12 in demanding scenery areas. I dont even know why RAM usage for displaying the same image is so much higher in DX12, but I suppose its because of worse optimization.
-
MSFS2020 not starting, CTD at loading, no Nvidia app
I just installed the most recent nvidia drivers 581.42 released 3 days ago, and now DX11 doesnt work anymore even with TAA and HAGS off. I guess thats the finger from nvidia regarding this issue. 😅 So, I need to install more system RAM now or ramp down settings compared to what worked well in DX11 to be able to fly smoothly. fml....
-
MSFS2020 not starting, CTD at loading, no Nvidia app
Yes, unfortunately. But it makes FS2020 work in DX11 again, dont ask me how. I guess thats a problem between nvidia and microsoft and not really solvable on our level.
-
MSFS2020 not starting, CTD at loading, no Nvidia app
Hence the "on my system" i cant claim its a general problem. But after prolonged usage my RAM usage fills up to insane levels ruining FPS usually on landing. With DX11 this doesnt happen to me.
-
MSFS2020 crashes after launch in DX11
post can be deleted by now.
-
MSFS2020 not starting, CTD at loading, no Nvidia app
Ok anyone experiencing crashes with DX11 and later nvidia drivers: turn off hardware accelerated GPU sheduling in windows. That did the trick for me, at least when you are using TAA, otherwise the sim crashes when loading into the flight from the map view. It pains me to say that but TAA combined with selecting a higher resolution (DSR) gives me superior image quality compared to anything that DLSS was doing. There is more contrast and sharpness in the image, better clouds and lights are actually shining at night. TAA seems to have come a long way in 2 years and shimmering issues at light poles etc. are greatly reduced by now. Downsides is that some addon airport terminal buildings are still excessively shimmering, which is due to the way they are designed. Also, frame generation doesnt work, obviously. But i dont use it anyways since its eating more VRAM and causes flickering. ill stick with DX11 and TAA for now.
-
MSFS2020 not starting, CTD at loading, no Nvidia app
I have exactly the same issue on DX11. DX12 has memory leak issues on my system, even though it runs well after startup.
-
MSFS2020 crashes after launch in DX11
So a few months ago I started using DX12 and swapped to DLSS4 using the swapper tool and the required nvidia inspector settings. After some usage time i found out that DX12 in MSFS has memory leak issues. I will attach a screenshot for anyone who doesnt believe me. This was after a longer flight in the FBW A380, i already use the downscaled textures for this aircraft which are available on flightsim.to. My system is mid-range-well equipped with RAM and VRAM, and it still manages to overload it completely after a few hours while FPS are fine when starting up the sim. But this is not the issue i am trying to get solved, its just the reason why I want to actually switch back to DX11 but I cant. MSFS in DX11 mode crashes after the initial loading when usually the main menu should be shown but instead i am getting a CTD. I dont know if this issue is related to DLSS4 or not. For safety I aleady switched back to default in the DLSS swapper utility with no change. Here is the corresponding error log from windows: Fehlerhafter Anwendungsname: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.39.9.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000 Fehlerhafter Modulname: nvngx_dlssg.dll_unloaded, Version: 310.2.1.0, Zeitstempel: 0x67d089b2 Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005 Fehleroffset: 0x00000000008976a0 Fehlerhafte Prozess-ID: 0x184C Fehlerhafte Anwendungsstartzeit: 0x1DC25BFC6761C99 Fehlerhafter Anwendungspfad: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.39.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe Fehlerhafter Modulpfad: nvngx_dlssg.dll Berichts-ID: 1b6bf1d2-831c-4d6e-adee-5d331708647d Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.39.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Fehlerhafte paketbezogene Anwendungs-ID: App It seems to be an nvidia driver issue. I found some reports of similar issues with latest nvidia drivers and nvidia releasing a hotfix, but on my system the problem still persists with the latest nvidia drivers 581.29. I already dumped the nvidia app from my system as some say this could cause issues and there is no benefit of having it if you use nvidia inspector. GPU is a 4060ti with 16GB VRAM on windows 11. Has anyone dug into that issue with more success than I did? UPDATE: it seems that the crash doesnt happen when Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling is turned off in windows settings. However, DLSS4 definitely doesnt work in DX11, since it crashes as soon as you try to load a flight. DX11 with TAA works, however.
-
FSPassengers is now officially over....
Update: its freeware now 😁
-
FSPassengers is now officially over....
The website has been taken down by Dan. Unfortunately no one could convince him to release the sourcecode and find new devs for it.
-
nvidia DSR stopped working after recent driver update
So I am running a 460ti 16GB on a 1440p Gsync monitor and for years I usually upscale any games, including MSFS, to 3413x1920 for a sharper image. However the latest driver update (done in a clean way with DDU etc.) seems to have broken my DSR capability. I activated DSR and selected resolutions in the nvidia control panel and the upscaled resolutions also show up in any games display options. However, selecting them changes nothing. Even when the games options are showing 1920, the screen noticeably is still running in 1440p. The only workaround is to upscale the whole desktop to 1920, but thats impractical as it makes the whole windows screen too small for working with it. Anyone has a clue what I missed? EDIT: of course windows 11 has a scaling option I first wasnt aware it existed lol. I dont know if thats really a solution or just a workaround though....
-
DLSS4 in FS2020: DX12 required or do i have an issue?
Thanks everyone. But I dont use FG at all, as even with good FPS it feels wobblish. Anyways, DX12 in 2020 runs fine now for me and give me amazing image quality with DLSS4. But for this, I had to reduce texture resolution in 2020 from "ultra" to "high", as DX12 mode eats up my 4060ti's 16GB of VRAM easily on ultra. On high, its -5GB VRAM usage and butter smooth even in the middle of big cities with traffic and addon airports. Someone on youtube also mentioned that DLSS4 is not compatible with DX11.
-
DLSS 4 Definitive guide.
meanwhile a channel admin on youtube confirmed to me that DLSS 4 is not compatible with DX11. But i managed to get DX12 running fine. My bad i was reluctant to lower texture resolution from "ultra" to "high" before. I see no quality difference so far but -5GB VRAM usage. Remarkable that DX12 on with ultra texture resolution brought even my 16GB VRAM to its knees and caused my system RAM to be used in complex scenery areas. It even caused OOM crashes, hello FSX days. 😁
-
DLSS4 in FS2020: DX12 required or do i have an issue?
I activated DLSS4 on my 4060ti and it was all done correctly. The DLSSinfo method shows the latest version being used in MSFS too. But i have a stupid question: does DLSS4 now require using DX12 mode? If yes, thats a shame since DX12 doesnt run as well on my system. In areas with dense scenery and high quality aircraft, it is more laggy and has more stutters. For some reason it seems to utilize more system RAM on my rig, so in the past I prefered DX11. I am not using FG, as I dont like the taering effects, but I like the better image quality that DLSS4 delivers. The problem is that DX11 doesnt seem to work with it. After the installation launching MSFS in DX11 mode crashes it after loading the main menu/map. Any ideas?
-
DLSS 4 Definitive guide.
Noob question: is it normal that enabling DLSS 4 in 2020 breaks DX11 mode? I am only able to use MSFS in DX12 now. Problem is that DX11 runs much smoother as with DX12 my VRAM fills up too much resulting in stutters in dense areas. I dont want to use FG, I just want to improve image quality with DLSS4.
-
MSFS2024 weather
Btw why do they still not allow this? Afaik this is what makes apps like ASFS basically a collection of improvised workarounds. Previously I thought Asobo didnt want to allow creation of a proper 3rd party weather system for MSFS because it could defeat marketing for MSFS 2024. Whats the reason for being so protective with the weather API? I am still on 2020 myself and i am happy with it. Especially since addon compatbility doesnt seem to be as guarranteed as announced. Minor issues with visuals in 2020 could be improved by mods/3rd party apps. The only reason for me to get 2024 would have been more accurate live weather and cloud types, including realistic TS/CB depiction, similar to the way it was done by ActiveSky on FSX/P3D. I decided to wait for reviews and I am glad to see i was right.
-
A miracle ? LSFG (Lossless Scaling Frame Generation)
I got it and I also cant stand the artifacts below 30 FPS native. Anything above I dont need FG anymore because the sim is smooth. What I actually use lossless for is the sharpening option that comes with nvidia image scaling. That set to 1, combined with 1440p on 1080p monitor, DLSS+DLAA and in-sim sharpening on 200, gives me a crisp, absolutely natural looking image.
-
FSX Activation error "ocurred while attempting to activate the product"
My bad.....forgot to install the service packs. I am stuck now anyways, since I need a new key for acceleration
-
FSX Activation error "ocurred while attempting to activate the product"
Windows firewall is off and I switched my PC in the DMZ of my router without any difference....
-
FSX Activation error "ocurred while attempting to activate the product"
Hi everyone, I am currently in the middle of a reinstall and already have the first issues again. I am trying to install FSX standard and later Acceleration, which requires FSX Standard to be activated prior to installation. Now, FSX won't activate. If I enter my serial, I get the message "An error ocurred while attempting to activate the product" and says my installation may be broken. I am 100 % sure thats not the case. Any ways of fixing this? I once heard its because of a server error on MS side....
-
FSX Reinstall impossible "You cannot upgrade between..."
Hello again, I got back to my home now and looked the Product Code of the german pro version up: {F535B2CF-C9BB-4162-B03A-02D6971F32CC}. Done a Registry search, found some entries and deleted them. Someone should publish such Product ID's just in case people run into the same issue. Installer runs normally now. Make sure you still have access to the Setup.ini of any FSX CDs you use for installation. Or save a copy.
-
FSX Reinstall impossible "You cannot upgrade between..."
I got the ProductID of the Version that was previously installed since I found the DVD in my second home. Unfortunately I am away from my Sim PC for a week now. I'll report back as soon as I checked.