Sign in to follow this  
gpf3m

Accu-Feel

Ok thx. I copied the dll.xml from FSX and pasted it in the Prepar3d folder. Deleted all it's code and pasted the code suggested here. Seems to be working now. I dunno why I did not have a dll.xml in the Prepar3d folder. 

I dunno why I did not have a dll.xml in the Prepar3d folder. 

No one does. It's not a required file for the sim to run. It's only created whenever one needs it. The same applies to the exe.xml file. Instructions for creating a dll.xml file are in the SDK.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Lewis,

I have heard very good things about A2A and am extremely interested in purchasing your products, therefore, I am wondering if you will be making them P3D-compliant.  I will only purchase products that are and am hoping that A2A makes it into my hangar.  Thanks.

I believe most of our FSX products are already P3D compatible. Some require some installation tweaking as P3D wasn't a product when they where created.

Our Accu-sim C172 Trainer was released for FSX and P3D 1.4 and works fine in P3D 2. We know this as the commercial version of the software is currently being developed/used as a flight training aid for redbird simulations in a P3D based environment. The next release, the Cherokee, will also come with a P3D option though we are not set in stone yet how we will release.

thanks

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

I believe most of our FSX products are already P3D compatible. Some require some installation tweaking as P3D wasn't a product when they where created.

Our Accu-sim C172 Trainer was released for FSX and P3D 1.4 and works fine in P3D 2. We know this as the commercial version of the software is currently being developed/used as a flight training aid for redbird simulations in a P3D based environment. The next release, the Cherokee, will also come with a P3D option though we are not set in stone yet how we will release.

thanks

Lewis

Thanks for the information, but I am interested in installing a product that does not require tweakiong in order to get it to work,.  It would be best, rather, to have a product that has a P3D installer like Orbx, REX, ASN, etc. product have.  Are there plans to do this in the future?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I answered that in the first part Mike. For the most part the only tweak will be a fake fsx.exe, more details and such like can be found on our forums. Most of the A2A community have been running our stuff in P3D for a good while now.

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

I answered that in the first part Mike. For the most part the only tweak will be a fake fsx.exe, more details and such like can be found on our forums. Most of the A2A community have been running our stuff in P3D for a good while now.

But why is it so hard to update the installer and include an option for Prepar3D 2.x? Take a look at Orbx. They're updating over 80 installers to make sure their installers are 100% compliant with Prepar3D 2.x.

Why should someone have to look up that tweak to get the aircraft installed?

. Most of the A2A community have been running our stuff in P3D for a good while now.

And that is a most refreshing attitude from a developer, none of this "you are not licenced" "read the EULA" rubbish, just some help in supporting the user moving to a new platform.

Well done A2A

But why is it so hard to update the installer and include an option for Prepar3D 2.x? Take a look at Orbx. They're updating over 80 installers to make sure their installers are 100% compliant with Prepar3D 2.x.

Why should someone have to look up that tweak to get the aircraft installed?

Why would you buy Mac software if you own a PC and then complain that it doesn't work? :wink:

Its user choice to purchase FSX products to then run them in a different platform. We let our users do this at the moment and with our Accu-sim core update even allow the update to direct install into P3D. The next update in testing takes it further and adds some extra fixes that make them a little more compatible under the hood with P3D.

However we produce I believe some of, if not, the most complex add ons for MSFS. As a result of this the move from one platform to another is a lot more than redirecting an installer for our simulations to a new path. You can kinda of think of it like the difference between a FS2004 port over in FSX when compared to a fully blown native FSX sim.

The Accu-sim C172 Trainer is the exception so far from us as it was released with P3D in mind. If the current trends continue all new stuff out of A2A like the 172 will be for either both sims or come with some option/licensing of one kind or another for FSX and P3D users. I cant say what the option is as we are not finalized on it yet at our end.

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

So you mean that the A2A C172 is not really meant to be used in Prepar3D but you're letting us do so because it works?

Do you have plans to make the C172 fully compatible with Prepar3D (a Prepar3D product) in the future?

So you mean that the A2A C172 is not really meant to be used in Prepar3D but you're letting us do so because it works?

Do you have plans to make the C172 fully compatible with Prepar3D (a Prepar3D product) in the future?

Hello,

no its the other way around. The C172 is the only sim from us for specific use in P3D. It installs in, and works with FSX and P3D.

Thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

no its the other way around. The C172 is the only sim from us for specific use in P3D. It installs in, and works with FSX and P3D.

I guess you mean Prepar3D 1.4? I meant Prepar3D 2.x.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I am confused.  Does the 172 have a P3D v2.2 installer?  I would imagine that is the case if it were build for P3D.  Just trying to figure this out.  Thanks.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Sorry for my ignorance, but I am confused.  Does the 172 have a P3D v2.2 installer?  I would imagine that is the case if it were build for P3D.  Just trying to figure this out.  Thanks.

As far as I know, it has an installer for FSX and Prepar3D 1.4.

Hey guys,

from one of our customers on our forums;

"What I have done is to copy the FSX.exe and paste it into the P3DV2.2 folder and have left it there as it does not cause any problem. (If you do not have FSX installed on your computer, I have heard that some folks simply copy the P3D.exe and rename this copy as FSX.exe and it will be enough to get the B17 to install) Then point the B17 installer to the P3DV2.2 location and it should install just fine.

I have not seen any issues flying the B17, P47, P51 or C172 in P3DV2.2."

I carried out the procedure myself last night, and all installs just fine with a dummy fsx.exe in the p3d folder.

Any questions the best place to ask is our forums, the dev team and 15,000+ members, its a nice little community for all A2A needs.

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

I am perfectly aware of that, but what I asked is, do you have plans to make your C172 a full Prepar3D 2.x product, so that:

1. We don't have to paste dummies of fsx.exe in the Prepar3D folder?

2. All problems like the strobe light are fixed?

3. It takes advantage of the new Prepar3D 2.x features?

Because what you're saying is, the C172 is a product for FSX and Prepar3D 1.4, but you're letting us use it in Prepar3D 2.x because it works, albeit with a workaround to get it installed.