Sign in to follow this  
sascha

New autogen controlled lights

:Applause: :Applause: :Applause:

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Does your 3d lights, Sascha, include all those other un-needed objects along with the light poles or have yoi removed them only keeping the light poles?

Jon, I have removed as many objects as possible, so it's pretty bare ;)

Creating custom light colors wouldn't be a problem, just a matter of making my own textures for the lights instead of using the standard halo.bmp and a bit more work on Sascha's part to get them placed. Personally I don't mind a bit to make my own textures, it's a simple process, it's up to Sascha to include multiple colored lights.

Chris, I have different light colours in the full version. The Evo included halo.bmp has different colours so it would be great if you made four objects each with a different part of the 4 lights in the halo.bmp. The cities would then have a realistic mix of yellow, white and blue lights.

By the way, my wife is visiting her mum for 6 weeks, so I have some time to dig into Evo dev :)

All the best to you all!

Sascha

112 years of flight! :Party:

(With other words: Thanks Chris!)

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

We've run into some trouble with the light update. Chris produced the new lights but I can't get them to show in the sim yet. We're trying to find out what the problem is.

Cheers and thank you for your patience!

Sascha

Sascha and Chris, take your time. It's nice to see progress in the light development.

Best regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Great news, the lights are up and working, we're finetuning the size just now! FPS hits are down to around zero on my system ... so thank you Chris! The magic you worked works like magic!

Oh, there's nothing better than to read this at the beginning of the darker seasons!

Cheers,

Harald

P.S. Will the new light object be embedded into the library with the funny traffic lights?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Sascha,

I cannot help myself to ask if there's progress in this case.

You know, the dark season has come, and there shall be light! :smile:

Regards,

Harald

P.S.: Will the new light be an extra .bgl file or will it be included in the "Russian" library? My problem is that I further want to use the Russian library for moving street lights and static cars on streets...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald, we have not managed to get the lights showing correctly, there is something not right. However, I will release an interim fix based on Maxime's work, it has modified light objects which are also much easier on  fps. It is a separate library, however. But the cars should not be affected, I believe that they are entered through the terrain config. So sorry for the long wait. These new objects are resisting every effort to be properly integrated...

Hi Sascha,

no good news... However, I hope that you and Chris keep the patience and finally succeed.

A question regarding the libraries: Can they both be active at the same time? Will FS9 recognize which lights from which library it has to use? It's true that the cars and headlights are controlled by Terrain.cfg, but the library has to be active, though.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald, I do believe that all libraries in the scenery generic directory are active. I will upload the light update within the hour to the dropbox.

Take care!
Sascha

I have uploaded an update to the autogen 3D lights for my Evo project. It should improve the fps a lot as the lamp objects are much simpler.. You can get it in the dropbox.

To install: Make a backup of your original default.xml (fs9/autogen) and halo.bmp (fs9/texture) files and then just drop the files from the zip-archive into the directories corresponding to the directories in the zip. I have added some halo.bmp variations (the texture displayed on the lights):

- colourful has deeper colours and smaller lamp size

- colourful_UT has deeper colours but has brightness adjusted to better fit UT lights

- small is the basic texture but has a smaller file size

This is based on Maxime's work, so a big thank you, Maxime!

Regards,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

Thanks Sascha, will try as soon as I can.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Sascha, FPS are up some numbers, indeed; lights still have quite a remarkable impact, though.

At the occassion of your new default.xml I understood how you separated the two libraries. I was able to activate the traffic lights from the Russian library by editing your default.xml test-wise; I hope this wasn't against your intentions.

Cheers,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg