Sign in to follow this  
red259

No simconnect client found

I downloaded the ASN trial version on my laptop which is networked to my desktop computer which has fsx. When I run ASN I get a popup message saying no simconnect client found and I am told I must have either fsx sp1 or sp2 simconnect client installed. I bought fsx gold edition with acceleration, which I thought contained sp2. Should I download sp2 now or will that mess up my fsx?

Please make sure that Simconnect is installed on machine you intend to run ASN on. Page 69 of the ASN manual has further details on networked configurations.

I've been running ASN on a net-worked computer without issue.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

FSX gold does have SP2. I use that edition.

Did you install SimConnect on the laptop?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I have Sim Connect running on separate machine I have AS2012 and ANS installed. AS2012 connects and has always connect without problems but ASN sits there with Sim Connect status saying: "Waiting for Simulator".

Trial version is identical to the paid for version, there are no restrictions other than it stopping working when the trial ends.

Cheers, Andy.

FSX gold does have SP2. I use that edition.

Did you install SimConnect on the laptop?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I did not download a simconnect for the laptop. I don't have fsx on it at all. Should I download sp2 to the laptop? Will that even work without fsx? I use EFB through the laptop and it connects to the flight simulator without a problem. 

EFB doesn't use simconnect to talk across a network, it uses its own networking solution.

You need to install the FSX Acceleration SDK to your FSX PC, then once complete you need to copy the file Simconnect.msi to your laptop and run it on there. There is some other configuration required too, full details are in the ASN manual.

What is the main reason for running ASN on your laptop by the way? Is it because you want to run fullscreen? You can install the gauge if all you want is to see the weather map while in full screen mode.

If you are doing it for performance saving reasons only I suggest you don't bother, ASN itself doesn't use that many resources to be honest.

Cheers, Andy.

I'm testing the trial version of ASN in a networked environment and everything works perfectly.

JJ

Could someone please tell me what version of simconnect does Acceleration gives  because I have SP2 install over FSX gold and ASN sits there waiting for FSX but AS2012 connects alright and so does every other program relying on simconnect SP2.

Spent a few more hours trying to get ASN to work via network to no avail. Not sure if I will be able to redownload and run a trial on my main computer now.