Sign in to follow this  
wangkangping3

(Potential Bug) ASN rhythmic freeze

Dear Hifi Team,

Thank you for your work in Activesky Next. The improvement over AS2012 is apparent within just 5mins of game time.

Just want to report an issue I am having. My FSX freezes on a rhythmic basis: every 10 seconds the screen will freeze for 3 seconds, and the pattern repeats itself endlessly...

I have no other add-on running while experiencing this issue. Hope to hear a solution soon.

Best Regards,

KP

Is this only with ASN (client) running?  Is this networked or single computer installation?

You may want to check your firewall/av settings, make sure FSX and ASN are fully allowed, and also make sure the radar data files are not being scanned (see our FAQ at www.activeskynext.com for details).

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I have the same problem.

Only occurs with ASN running, which is installed on the FSX PC (SP2, not accel).

I've not set anything up in AV specifically for ASN but I cannot find any related details in your FAQ link (which implies this URL: http://www.hifitechinc.com/products/activeskynext?id=70).

Can you please confirm the correct folder(s) or file-types to exclude from AV.

Thanks! Looking awesome so far otherwise :)

I have the same problem.

Only occurs with ASN running, which is installed on the FSX PC (SP2, not accel).

I've not set anything up in AV specifically for ASN but I cannot find any related details in your FAQ link (which implies this URL: http://www.hifitechinc.com/products/activeskynext?id=70).

Can you please confirm the correct folder(s) or file-types to exclude from AV.

Thanks! Looking awesome so far otherwise :)

Please exclude the as_srv folder within your FSX installation folder (if you choose files types, exclude .dat files).  This will ensure the radar data is not scanned.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thank you, that appears to have solved it and I've now purchased my upgrade license!

Hi Damian,

I believe Activesky Next has conflicts with FScopilot addon. Can you confirm?

After removing FScopilot from dll.xml my game runs smoothly. Now I can't fly online :(

KP

Try moving FScopilot around in the dll.xml so that it is loaded after FSUIPC and AS_Connect and see if that helps. Try other combinations too if you have no luck with my suggestion.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Damian,

I believe Activesky Next has conflicts with FScopilot addon. Can you confirm?

After removing FScopilot from dll.xml my game runs smoothly. Now I can't fly online :(

KP

Removing FScopilot from my dll.xml file fixed this same issue for me also.

Eric Wehrley

Removing FScopilot from my dll.xml file fixed this same issue for me also.

Eric Wehrley

This shouldn't be necessary, as I've flown many VATSIM flights with ASN running along with FSCopilot. Simply edit your dll.xml file so that FSCopilot is the last entry.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png