Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BleedAir

Skymaxx Pro Mid-Flight Pauses

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

ever since 1.1, I get these annoying pauses during flights.  anyone else get these?

I suspect you probably mean the weather loading. I think it's an xplane issue they are working on.

Guys,

Not to take away traffic here, but putting it simply, we have dedicated support forums for this product without flooding AVSIM for it. More importantly, you are guaranteed to get a reply from us there, and you would have already found your answer on the support forum for this.

This "issue," as you may call it, is not new. It has been present from the beginning of 1.0, and is related to how X-Plane loads METAR data. If you disable real weather you will not get this at all. What happens is each time X-Plane passes a closer METAR location, it forces a weather re-load. SkyMaxx Pro then shoves a huge chunk of vertices to your GPU, where it sits and thinks about how to best render this next scene. Pause will depend on your specific system (some people won't have any pause), and it's more noticeable with SkyMaxx Pro over default because no two clouds are ever alike in SMP, whereas in default they are.

We have been analyzing more optimized rendering, but our biggest priority is to not impact FPS in a negative way, especially because 1.1 has such fantastic FPS performance. Finding that balance is what we're working on now.

I'm happy to trade that pauses in for the superb clouds.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Since you're on it, it would also be great to have a better transition from cloud coverage between zones with METARs that differ considerably in the "type", # of layers and extension of cloud coverage. 

This is always a problem with weather injectors, and the abrupt changes are a true show killer :-/