Sign in to follow this  
FlyIce

trouble with OOMs over Kansas

I randomly picked some airports in Kansas to fly Baron B58. When I'm flying short distances with IFR from KTOP to KLWC, or from KLWC to KMCI, I always get OOMs when I'm getting close to the airport.

This is P3D2 + FTX Global + Iceland. Clear sky. Pretty high to max settings in Graphics, Scenery, etc. It appears to have sth to do with that when I'm getting close to KLWC or KMCI there are more autogen buildings to appear.

However, at exactly same settings, I flew B58 from KSEA to KPAE where there are at least 10x if not 100x more autogens in the are. I didn't get any memory OOMs, although the fps is only around 20-25. I also flew FSX 737 from KSFO to KLAX and got no OOMs, even though the autogen around LA is absolutely brutal to fps.

This appears to be a bit similar to some OOMs I got while flying over Iceland, where there are not many things heavy on the scenery yet I can get OOMs. Before I begin to change settings to see which setting could be solution, I'd really appreciate if someone has any good suggestions about where to start. It's pretty tedious and time-consuming to make an adjustment then have to fly 10-15 minuets to see if OOMs are gone...

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I'd hate to be the one who repeats this but..

Uninstall everything Orbx.. I've not see one positive thing about Orbx and Prepar3D v2 together.. Nearly any post that revolves around crashing, OMM's and random other hi-jinx all have FTX Global involved. Don't buy into that "V2 Compatible" stuff right. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Developers will have to get their existing add on up to date with what LM changed in their platform, as I said several months ago there was no way to incorporate DX11 and other changes LM was looking to do without breaking add on compatibility to a certain point, today's question is, will changes 3PD have to make to their existing add on be a fast thing to do and free, how long will it take to do that without restricting the development of add on that are already under development for future released?

yes I'm considering to uninstall FTXG. It's does look pretty nice, especially in the rural area. Nonetheless, P3D2 really makes the default scenery look so much nicer than FSX does, so missing FTXG is not a huge loss I'd think.

I have a feeling that whoever can make the first P3D2 optimized scenery it should be a big hit...

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Wish I could give you a definitive answer, but have just flown KTOP to KLWC twice without any problems using today's date. FTX Global and reasonably high settings with the exception of autogen vegetation on sparse. Volumetric fog enabled.

PS It looks cold there brrr