Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Welcome New Members!

Welcome new member! We are glad to have you here as a new member in our growing world wide community. Joining forums can be a pretty intimidating experience, especially forums that may not be in your native language or that share your cultural norms. At AVSIM we have worked for over 18 years to make this as welcome a home as can be created for our global flight simming community. We work daily to improve that experience for everyone here. And that is why you find this welcoming forum here for you.

In order for you to participate in the New Member forum and every where else within AVSIM, you must register. As an unregistered Guest, you can read nearly everything there is to read on AVSIM. In order to participate, you need to register and become a member with over 120,000 fellow enthusiasts who are also full members here. There is no cost to do so; registration is simple and totally free.

The purpose of this forum is simply to provide you, the new member, a place where new member questions are welcome and encouraged. As I said, joining forums can be intimidating and especially so to someone new to the hobby. This forum gives you the opportunity to get your feet wet one toe at a time, and where no question will be ridiculed or where you will be made to feel unwelcome for asking it.

Don't lurk. Dive in here and explore the hobby a bit while you get to know the depth and breadth of the AVSIM Community and our over 250 forums.

Again, welcome to AVSIM new member!

...and, as one of the old guys around here, Mellow, I'll add my "Welcome" to Tom's most eloquent header!

You can usually find me in and around the two DX10 forums - "DX10 Discussions" and the "Official DX10 Scenery Fixer Support forum", though I'll often be caught on the FSX forum picking brains and generally annoying the moderators!

You'll find Avsim has a pretty good bunch of smart folk who will be glad to stand alongside you, and help figure out answers to the problems that these Microsoft Simulators and their addons can sometimes throw at you!  If you're just looking for a good place to hang out and yak with other flight simmers - then there's no better place on the net!  

We've all been where you are right now, so don't feel shy, just jump in and make yourself comfortable - ok!  

All the Best,  

pj     :wink:

How do a start a new forum

What sort of new forum are you thinking of?

On entering the plane, time to take the left turn this time!

I want to fly an eagle...great app, guys.

Stay awesome,

Rob

Hi!

Welcome to Avsim! :-)

Hello people :)

Hey nikoslive.............

ttu5.jpg

Just kidding!! Welcome to the forums!  ^_^

Hi Tom

I am a fellow AOPA member as well!

Otherwise new to all this so will navigate around for awhile on the site

Greg

Welcome aboard Greg! Glad to have a fellow member with us, and there are a lot of other AOPA members here to help you along. Just yell.

Hello to all Staff,

Thanks for this home I find very pleasant.

And I can send you as well as to all members, all my best wishes for this new year 2014.

PS: my apologies for mistakes that could have, but it is not English, I am using a translator of languages hoping that it works well. :rolleyes:

Regards to you

Angel

Hello to all Staff,

Thanks for this home I find very pleasant.

And I can send you as well as to all members, all my best wishes for this new year 2014.

PS: my apologies for mistakes that could have, but it is not English, I am using a translator of languages hoping that it works well. :rolleyes:

Regards to you

Angel

Happy New Year Angel. Your first post after a year? Cool!  ^_^

:lol: B) :PFollowing an intervention from the heart, I made more than nine months of hospital? Therefor the morale was not venue for what is for the FSX :(

Now aged 61 I began to revive slowly. :lol:

Kind regards

Angel

:lol: B) :PFollowing an intervention from the heart, I made more than nine months of hospital? Therefor the morale was not venue for what is for the FSX :(

Now aged 61 I began to revive slowly. :lol:

Kind regards

Angel

Take care of yourself! The planes can always wait.  ^_^

Just thought I would make a post after lurking for a while and have enjoyed reading a lot of threads.

So why am I here?, well I have been a DCS A10C user for some time until I got bored of flying the same thing over and over in the same combat theatre as well which I never cared for the weapon simulation side either, so dropped DCS all together and after about 1-2 years finally went for Prepare3d, carenado b200 with REX 4. Was it a good decision, well yeah visually its miles better as well with countless of addons to come out.

I am only 21 so must be one the younger ones on the forums but what got me interested in aircraft, for all my life I have lived in Capel-Le-Ferne which is between Dover and Folkestone in the UK which seems to be a traffic highway for everything along with spitfires and old museum planes practising almost all year round (Probably for Battle of Britain memoral down the road) so growing up with planes around was the culprit (I am sure gonna miss that V12 Merlin sound at 3.00pm).

Looking forward to P3D release of Active Sky Next and the 1900 from carenado also the Phenom to, would like a PMDG but don't think there are any for P3D yet and there rather expensive.

Oh and LM needs to hurry up with that patch they promised.

Just thought I would make a post after lurking for a while and have enjoyed reading a lot of threads.

So why am I here?, well I have been a DCS A10C user for some time until I got bored of flying the same thing over and over in the same combat theatre as well which I never cared for the weapon simulation side either, so dropped DCS all together and after about 1-2 years finally went for Prepare3d, carenado b200 with REX 4. Was it a good decision, well yeah visually its miles better as well with countless of addons to come out.

I am only 21 so must be one the younger ones on the forums but what got me interested in aircraft, for all my life I have lived in Capel-Le-Ferne which is between Dover and Folkestone in the UK which seems to be a traffic highway for everything along with spitfires and old museum planes practising almost all year round (Probably for Battle of Britain memoral down the road) so growing up with planes around was the culprit (I am sure gonna miss that V12 Merlin sound at 3.00pm).

Looking forward to P3D release of Active Sky Next and the 1900 from carenado also the Phenom to, would like a PMDG but don't think there are any for P3D yet and there rather expensive.

Oh and LM needs to hurry up with that patch they promised.

Glad you decided to stop lurking! And welcome to the forums.  \o/

Hello,

I appreciate your allowing me to join the forum. I have been using FSX as a training and refresher tool for my Real World flying. Also, driving a B737-800 around on the old PC is a bunch cheaper and easier than in real life! As far as real world aircraft, I have been flying and training in a couple Diamond DA-20 & DA-40's with an occasional jont in a 172 . The nicest aircraft I've ever personally flown is a Cessna Citation Mustang. Truly and amazing aircraft with an Avionics package that make professional ATP's drool over! I enjoy aviation and have been using FSX for about a year after borrowing it from a friend. Flight sims never interested me until a tour of Lockheed Martin where I was able to shoot a few carrier approaches in their F-35 JSF Simulator. Really amazing! I was in the U.S. Army and was wounded in Iraq several years ago. I was an 11Bravo (Infantryman) and was about to go to Warrant Officer & flight school when I was wounded. I love Rotary aircraft, but as I am now an amputee, helicopters aren't a possibility and neither is a commercial aviation career. I don't much care for flying helo's on the sim as I'm a seat of the pants pilot and I feel too detached from the helicopters. So the sim is a descent way to get a very small taste of high performance jets.

I'm starting to get more involved with FSX and interested in Upgrades. I purchased REX-4 and am about to buy the key for FSPassengers. I'm considering joining a Virtual Airline as well as getting the VRS SuperBug and TacPack. I'm interested in the PMDG 737-800 and the PMDG 747 but they are pretty pricey. If anyone has a favorite A380 they prefer let me know as well. I'm also in the market for a very realistic Scenery and Topo upgrade if anyone has some recommendations.

Thank you!

Regards,

11Bravo

Hi everyone just came on board had my first FS experience back in I think it was 1995 about same time I got into RC flying been interested in flight since I was a kid, got away from FS for quite a while, couple years ago got me a powered parachute, that's a good time, but with winter being what it is in my area I need something to do so I decided to get back into FS so I purchased the Flight Sim X, just a little about me glad to be on board.

Hello Tom and everyone else. Thanks for the kind welcome to your forum. I'm a 'seasoned beginner' at FSX having bought it middle of last year. I've probably spent most of that time trying to get the software looking and running the way I want it to instead of learning to fly properly - but I'm getting there slowly. I don't have any real-world aviation experience, so between learning how to improve FSX through tweaking and various add-ons, to actually learning how to 'fly' properly, it's been quite a severe learning curve. Hope you'll be patient with me as I find my feet in your forum (I have so many questions!) and I look forward to being a member of your community.

Regards,

Andy 

Good evening and thanks for the welcome .

It is always good to meet People who just like myself are

addicted Flight Sim Pilots  :crazy:

I have followed Avsim forum for very long time and now

I registered as a member .

Avsim is really awesome  :drinks:

Just like people here I enjoy  my flightsims.

I have being in the virtual skies since Fs98  .

I also have Fsx and Virtual Pilot 3D Pro from here : http://www.virtualpilot3d.com

But my favorite FlightSim is the good old Fs2004 .

Just like people here I have customized it to the limits  .

I prefer to fly in China  :china-flag: I collect everything I can get my hands at from China .

In my daily Flights I fly a heavily modificated iFly 737 - 700 from China Eastern Airlines.

P1040051.JPG

P1040052.JPG

Now I prepare to go to the Skies .

Again Thanks for the welcome :drinks:  

阳初  :hi: