Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

Does it simulate annunciator lamp failures?

edit: sorry for the 3 posts created with the same question.. because failure of internet... sorry

Hello!

Following the startup procedures we have to check the function of all lamp annunciators before startup.

My question is simple. Does the NGX simulates a lamp annunciator failure in service based failures? Any kind of random failure can occur to any annunciator lamp? Is it programmed to maybe happen? I am not meaning to trigger it.. Just the posibility so maybe we have a Low pressure Fuel pump... but the lamp is damaged and it would illuminate so we won't be able to know what is happening (maybe only would illuminate the "fuel" warning in the front annunciators panel?

Thanks!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

If I remember correctly, every annunciator has two bulbs installed. Seeing both of them fail at once is not very likely. So IF there even was a failure, you'd notice it since the light would be a lot less bright.

Taking that into account, I'd say simulating bulb failures is pretty much a waste of resources, but to each his own, of course.

It's more common than you would think. It you change one bulb you usually end up changing both. If one bulb burns out the other usually isn't too far behind.

So there is no sense to test the annunciators lights at the beginning. A shame.. I thought the plane was as deep simulated as that.

So there is no sense to test the annunciators lights at the beginning. A shame.. I thought the plane was as deep simulated as that.

Yes, a shame.

Looks like you'll have to go back to that other product that has all of these things simulated instead.

lol

Yes, a shame.

Looks like you'll have to go back to that other product that has all of these things simulated instead.

lol

The Maddog 2010 maybe? Don't know other as deep as PMDG in failure simulation...

You could, of course try making your own real cockpit (See my sig for an example)

On a real hardware full-motion simulator you can have lightbulbs fail.

But to fix the light bulbs you will have to get in a real car, drive down the road to a hardware store, and buy some new ones!

If I had space to build my own cockpit..... 

Maybe PMDG could launch a NGX v.2 for P3D with more failures plus CB simulation intended for real training, similar to what Majestic has done... Don't know the viability of this, but it would be really cool...

That would probably cost... a tinyy bit more than it does now.