Sign in to follow this  
Fadamor

Tutorial 1 Questions

A couple of questions I'm having regarding tutorial 1.

First, when entering the route our next leg after CLACTON begins at UL620. I could not find UL620 on any of the charts provided at the end of the tutorial (it looks like it's somewhere between the right edge of the CLACTON SID and the left edge of the SCHIPHOL Standard Instrument Arrival Chart).  Would UL620 normally be displayed on a different chart - like an enroute chart?  I'm one of these people who say "Where the heck did they pull THAT waypoint from?" :-)

Second, I seem to be consistantly dropping out of LNAV while descending to SUGOL.  From initial setup all the way there, the FMC is alerting me that 250kts is unattainable at SUGOL, even though I'm going in and editing the waypoint to read "250B" as instructed.  In order to reach 250 by SUGOL, I've been deploying speedbrakes when I reach TOD and the auto-throttles retard to help slow the downhill portion of the flight before SUGOL.  That's the only configuration change I make on this segment of the flight. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Yeah, I said "waypoint" but I understood airways can be used as well. So I would basically need to grab the appropriate airway(s) from the High Altitude charts in order to connect the departure from a SID to the entry point of a STAR.

Additional info regarding the problem at SUGOL, I said it drops out of LNAV, but that may just be a symptom, not the cause.  What happens is the plane decends down and through SUGOL without changing heading.  I need to run it again and determine exactly what drops out (CMD or LNAV) and when.

I hate it when I'm an idiot.  :blush:  Just re-ran the flight and the A/P loses the track AFTER reaching SUGOL and holds at 10,000 ft even though MCP Altitude has been set to 2,000 ft.  It never makes the turn at EH606. (Sound familiar?)  The tutorial specifically talks about correcting this when entering the flight plan and for some reason in previous flights I never noticed the second reference to SUGOL in the flight plan. (Note to Fadamor: RTFI) :unsure:

Topic closed haha?

I am still learning the ngx.

Just found a situation where the magenta route went left and the plane went right with lnav and cmdA active.

Surprise

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

I can‘t check it back right now but this thread is 5 years old... there might have been changes to the navdata and UL620 might have been replaced, renamed or anything else... the tutorial is even from 2011... what airac cycle do you have installed? 

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

I can‘t check it back right now but this thread is 5 years old... there might have been changes to the navdata and UL620 might have been replaced, renamed or anything else... the tutorial is even from 2011... what airac cycle do you have installed? 

Marc,

UL620 lives!

ul620.jpg

However, it looks like a closed for a  bit in 2015 - Airacs would have shown this and possibly the poster updated their AIRAC during that time and has not since.

Edited by Guest

22 hours ago, ganter said:

UL620 lives!

Wohooo just like No5 :D