Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edam

Flight 1 441 Conquest II or FSD Piper Cheyenne 400

They are of a similar series, the 400 series twins produces by Cessna. The 441 was a much later development of Cessna, a longer fuselage, different wings, turboprop engines with numerous systems changes from the piston engined 421. They don't fly the same, the 441 is a bit heavier and you have the longer spool up associated with turboprops versus pretty instant response from piston engines. The instrument panels utilize very different instrument layouts the 441 giving a more complete representation including pressurization controls. My only real gripe about the 441 is they chose to use a KAP140 autopilot. This is a two axis autopilot without flight director or yaw damper that you would find in a Cessna single. It is highly doubtful that even the most thrifty person replacing the standard 3-axis Cessna/Sperry unit would downgrade to this inexpensive unit. It is nicely done, just doesn't belong in this class of aircraft.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Curious where you got this information. You need to see all three of these on the ramp together to realize they are close in size. In the 80's all three of these models were in competition, the King Air had a solid reputation for quality (albeit expensive), the Cessna had the wider cabin, was faster and with lower operating costs, the Cheyenne was the hot rod and while smaller inside (width) was considerably faster than either. Interior configurations can vary with any of these although you will usually find them with a club seating arrangement and partitions separating a "potty" area. For the commuter market Beech had the model 99 which was a stretched and unpressurized King Air 100 and more recently the model 1900 with it's taller cabin and pressurization.Usually businesses that purchase a turboprop over a jet are doing it for either image, the turboprop is viewed as more conservative, or because most turboprops can operate out of shorter fields and don't have as many operating restrictions. Their operating costs are similar enough if you couldn't afford a jet, you probably can't afford a turboprop either.Sorry, just saw the mis-information and had to pipe up.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

It's modelled on a real 441, just like the 421 is modelled on a real 421.Maybe the original AP died and the owner didn't have the money (or wasn't interested) to buy a new unit with the original capabilities.Just because instrument A comes as standard doesn't mean every aircraft of the type will have instrument A (or a higher capability alternative) installed at all times (unless required by law of course).

Guest Kefuddle

>>On a real turboprop you can hear the turbines spin up before lighting >>the fires. The props don't even move until the fires are lit.Some TPs spin up internally before there is enough pressure to turn the propeller, these have two or three stage compressors and turbines with the innerm most high pressure set being used to start the engine. Others have the only turbine set directly connected to the prop and so spin the prop during the start-up process.

421 is a piston engined aircraft. The 441 is a turbo prop.They look similar, but are very different aircraft. Seriously,I'd go with the Aeroworx Kingair.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Law is where the problem comes in. I haven't been able to locate a STC that would allow retrofit of the KAP140 to a C441 Conquest. Despite the lesser cost of the KAP140 the cost of certifying this installation would be great. You would be going from a 3 axis gyro based system to a 2 axis rate based system. If someone with a million dollar aircraft was having difficulty affording a new autopilot I think they might have to sell the aircraft. A couple of long flights and the operating costs would come close to the cost of the autopilot repair ;).Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>>Why?>Most of there (Flight-1) products are of high quality and are up to date stuff.But it all depends on what you want. FSD is more fps friendly while keeping great flight characteristics and nice a/c textures.Whereas Flight-1 may have prettier graphics for the VC. Candy? And still have great charateristics.Depends on wht you specifically want.Allen

>I have all three aircraft and I do get less FPS out of the>B200, but it still runs quite well on my machine. It is aAnd what machine do you have?

I for one would like better night lighting in the cabin Tim. Something on the level of Eaglesoft's CJ1. The Avanti and Cheyenne really need some better night lighting unless of course your a zombi from "Night of the Living Dead"...I hope the Seneca get's a much needed VC update as well...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Edam

Flight 1 offers superior aircraft and is totally hassle free, from the installer that they use, to any updates that are needed, to any REINSTALLS that may be needed without suspicion of piracy, to the support that they offer.Of course, you may have to find that out for yourself.

Guest Armstrang

I have the 441 and the Cheyenne, and they are both excellent products. I use the 441 most of the time because it is not an FPS hog like the Cheyenne. Also, for the average user who is challenged by FS Panel Studio on a good day, FSD planes ( I have 5 of 'em) are maddening to personalize in even the smallest way. The excellent FSD planes are very inflexible, and, accordingly, mine spend most of the time in mothballs. As for performance of the planes themselves: The Cheyenne flys faster, higher, heavier, and farther. But, overall, the 441 (and her Flight 1 sisters) are a better deal for me (maybe not for you). I find myself doing more flying and less swearing with them.That is only one man's opinion...

Guest aca_dia

Old thread, but since it was brought back today I thought I would add a little more info.The props are supposed to spin on the 441 during compressor spool up when starting the engine. The 441 has engines that are direct drive. This means that the props are driven directly by the compressor shaft (through gear reduction). So if the compressor is spinning the props start spinning and the compressor must spin to start combustion. This is why the props on the 441 go to a flat pitch at shutdown (via start locks) so when they spin at start up there is the least amount of resistance. Also in the real world if you walk up to these props and try to spin them it is relatively difficult since you are trying to spin all of the engine components.With the TMB700 or King Air and many other aircraft the engines are reverse flow and use a free-turbine engine. The propeller gearboxes are not mechanically connected to the compressor shaft. These engines have a completely separate power turbine that only starts turning when there is enough flow through the engine. These engines can be feathered on shutdown because the props don